MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi guys,

I have a 2013 Brutale 1090r with the dual seat conversion.

I desperately need to find a way to remove the rider and pillion seat without using the key.

What has happened is the motorbike ran out of battery (3rd time now) and when i have gone to try and use the key to release the seat the key turns left and right freely with no engagement, completely slack - i am 99% sure it is due to the cable which runs around the tail side of the bike coming loose resulting in a lack of tension and disabling the key mechanism to function.

I have spent 10 hours + trying to disengage the latch with coathangers, screwdrivers, needle nose pliers from the locking point and the key mechanism point with no success.

I have tried my dealer where i purchased the bike in Ferntree Gully Melbourne although they are stumped and also cannot come up with a solution other then bringing the bike down which is difficult considering i am based on the other side of the city and do not have access to a bike trailer.

If anyone has any solutions or ideas i am open to any suggestions, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Kristian

·
Super Moderator
22,354 Posts
HELL of a first post Kristian!

Welcome to the madhouse that is MVA.net~!

I do believe you can reach through your frame on the right side, under the seat, and grab the unlatch cable. If you pull outward, the latch should unlock.

Brutale 1090RR Seat Latch.jpg

I have had success doing this on my F4, but I haven't tried it on my 1090RR yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys,

Thanks to all of your advice i have successfully got it open and can replace the battery:brutale:

Thank-you all for all your help

Regards,

Kristian

·
Registered
658 Posts
Keep the butter knife as a secret, don't thieves know how breaking in and steeling your new Lipo battery and wallet in the
Storage compartment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts