MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be travelling with the family to the US and Canada in June for a holiday and was wondering if there are any store that are a biker's heaven?

I'll be looking for accessories, helmet, jacket, chain lube's, polish, etc

I'll be visiting : Toronto and Ottawa in Canada and NY, St Louis, Chicago, LA in the USA but i dont mind travelling a mile or 100 (if the mrs doesnt notice the detour) :D

Thank you all and Happy Easter :f4:

·
Administrator
19,500 Posts
Can't speak about the areas you are visiting, although I suspect that LA offers some opportunity.
If you just wanted to see the biggest multi-line dealer in the country you should go to Bert's Mega-Mall.....absolutely HUGE....but no MVs.
Chaparral is in Riverside just east of LA......you've seen their adverts.....like a big grocery store of MC stuff.
And, of course, Malcomb Smith's dealership....you may actually meet the man/ledgend while there.

ProItalia is in the SoCal area as well.
Hope you have a great trip.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Chicago: Team MCC. They carry 12 brands of motorcycles including MV Agusta, Norton, Triumph, Ducati and Eric Buell Racing. http://www.teammcc.com

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Can't speak about the areas you are visiting, although I suspect that LA offers some opportunity.
If you just wanted to see the biggest multi-line dealer in the country you should go to Bert's Mega-Mall.....absolutely HUGE....but no MVs.
Chaparral is in Riverside just east of LA......you've seen their adverts.....like a big grocery store of MC stuff.
And, of course, Malcomb Smith's dealership....you may actually meet the man/ledgend while there.

Yup, all of those.

Don't forget The Rockstore (especially on a weekend) often many cool bikes to see, a decent breakfast for those traveling with you, and a beautiful ride through the mountains to get there.

If headed to The Rockstore on a Sunday this is a must do

http://www.supercarsunday.com

You could also plan a trip to Escondido to see Moto Forza (kinda like the Berts of euro bikes) super cool folks even some .net members there.

·
Premium Member
2,748 Posts
Here in NYC Ducati SoHo has a nice amount of gear to try on, at full msrp.

More competitively priced but located 100 miles south is Revzilla in Philadephia, PA. Probably the largest inventory on hand on the East Coast but it's not all in a visible showroom. You tell them what you are looking for and they bring it (and similar) out. Not my style of shopping at all but most don't mind. Free shipping so I rode there on the way to the track, tried on some stuff, and then ordered it from my phone so I didn't have to carry it. (oh, and save on the sales tax)

Cycle Gear is a chain that generally has some decent, lower end gear and lots of off brand accessories. Lubes and stuff competitively priced.

Cross Country Cycle in Metuchen, NJ has some good gear. Full msrp.

Rev'It has a location in Brooklyn, NY and I hear their annual closeout sale is very very good.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey,

I'm just in this moment in Malibu on the RV park :).

Good ideas where to go :yo:.

Will see that I can convince my family to visit Baltz at moto forza at least.

Jochen

·
Registered
183 Posts
If you're willing to go 100 miles from Manhattan, I second MV Arthur's suggestion to visit Revzilla (check out their web site first, including their huge library of videos on their offerings). Their staff is great and know all the products very well:

http://www.revzilla.com/?gclid=CMXqz5r-7L0CFS1eOgodKGIAIA

And, so long as you are down that way, you may want to stop in and pay a visit to Eraldo Ferracci, of Fast by Ferracci fame:

http://www.ferracci.com

It's not huge, but they have some beautiful bikes on the show room floor, including some rarities.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

thanks very much for your reply .

I think I will need to spend a lot more time in Ca :)

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
visitors?

Ed;
ProItalia sells MVs, Moto Guzzis and Aprilias in addition to Ducatis.....but they have squat in MV accessories not even a hat or T shirt

go to Moto Forza, Balz bought MV AgustaUSA's inventory

Jochen;
I'm about 25 mi South of you in Redondo Beach give me a call in the morning and I'll come up and meet you!

too cool, 2 Kiwis here today, and maybe meet a Forum member from Germany tomorrow :drummer:

Jochen my cell phone number is in my signature give me a call, Skype me or PM me

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
And, of course, Malcolm Smith's dealership....you may actually meet the man/legend while there.

thanks Ed;

Bert's IS a Mega store

Chaparral is big too

but you have to go to Malcolm's too.....if you're lucky he'll be there.....

If you meet him remind him he borrowed a wrench from me in Ensenada at the Baja 500 ~30 years ago and never returned it.......I've been busting his ass about it since then.....

it was a $0.30 Allen wrench and i've gotten $1,000,000 of laughs about it...

I should send Malcolm a legalese letter demanding return of the wrench or threaten legal action :drummer:

:naughty::naughty:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ed;

Jochen;
I'm about 25 mi South of you in Redondo Beach give me a call in the morning and I'll come up and meet you!

Jochen my cell phone number is in my signature give me a call, Skype me or PM me
OK,

where can we meet tomorrow? I'm heading to San Diego.
Wanted to see http://www.supercarsunday.com/ first. Will you go there?
Jochen

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
K916, sorry we don’t have a great selection of “must see” shops here in Ontario. It appears that MV Agusta Toronto is gone. There is a mega chain (Royal Distributing) with four stores that carry MV’s but they never have any apparel. That’s a common problem here in Canada. The importer / distributor is still trying to establish the brand and build a dealer network. Most stores are small and carry next to nothing in MV branded merchandise. The dealer in Ottawa where I bought my F3 is really a Yamaha store. You’ll probably get better deals on stuff in the US. We pay a premium for most things.

·
Registered
602 Posts
x for that info Balz.

I would have had some probs with my family to spend that time just to meet you ;) . We are here at a RV park at Chula Vista and there are so many things to discover...

You are living in an country that 99,99999% of all people envy you ;) .

Met Noel and it's been a pleasure to talk to sb who knows so much about engines and ignition timing......

Would have been a pleasure for me to thank you in person for your input on the Brutale with the F4 cylinder head that led me into the right direction :yo:.

Jochen

1 - 20 of 20 Posts