MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dears

Display died on me yesterday with lights, indicators and high beam the only lights still working on the display. Rest of screen is blank and rev needle also dead. Bike works just fine. Odometer doesnt register kms only when display is operative.

Fuses ok and finally the connector at the back of the display was found to be the problem. If you press it a little down it works fine. The 20 or so pins inside are fine. Finally we put a small plastic wedge at one side of the connector and it works but only for a while due to vibration I assume. It now flickers while riding.

Any thoughts on how to solve this? Cant find the connector as a separate part but even if I did (used one) not sure if those 20 wires from sensors could be used on another connector. Problem seems to be on the wiring harness side not the display slot. Has anyone changed the connector? Dont want to mess with the pins inside. Dont want to get another display or wiring harness.

Thanks again
Phil

·
Registered
248 Posts
I would get some contact cleaner and scrub the contacts in both connectors with a cotton bud. You may also be able to bend them with a small screwdriver to give them their spring back?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts