MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an adjustable rearset for my 13 RR.

Unfortunately many producers made their products for the older model and do not know if they fit on the new ones (like SCM, Gilles Tooling etc.)

I like this one very much:

http://www.wrs.sm/23953-large/coppia-pedane-arretrate-sbk-scm-mv-agusta-brutale.jpg

I will go for a rearset with pushrods as I do not want to have an even longer travel on the gear shifter.

Any help appriciated
Jochen

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hello Cherche
All models have the same fitments.
Basicly the mounting holes to the frame are all the same center distance.
I mounted a pair off rizoma rearsets that came off an older model
to my 2012 brutale , no problem what so ever
cheers
Peter

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys !!

The Lightech and the Rizomas have the same order number for all models. So all the other rearsets should also fit my bike.

SCM will send my some pictures with their rearset mounted on a MV.

Gilles Tooling also fit (took that pic from here):

I do not know whose bike it is...

Jochen

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Rearset collision with exhaust

I tried to fit the Lightech rearset on my 2013 Brutale RR.

No way - the 2013 heat shield is in the way as it is too far out.

All Brutales up to 2012 should be ok with it.

Attached some pics. Have a look at the screws when the rearset touches the heat shield........ (third pic)

Is there any way to cut off the welded parts from my 2013 and have it grinded the original way without optical defects??

I think I could weld on the former brackets and heat shields.

Any idea on this??

I like the more rear fitted pegs - makes you feel more foreward and aggressive.

BTW: I think all rearsets will not fit the 2013 models because of its bulky heat shield.....

Jochen

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't cut anything! All you need to do is remove the heel guard from the rearset and put two small spacers behind it to move it out from the exhaust. The Rizoma rearsets come with spacers and a pair of longer screws for just this purpose (I didn't need them, they probably make up for small variability from bike to bike exhaust fitment). A trip to the hardware store for two longer stainless Allen head screws and some stainless washers or spacers is all you need.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You have the pre 2013 model - and so you have the non bulky heat shields.

Just have a look at this (2013):

I came over a nice exhaust EC legal from Italy:

I asked my trusted Italian supplier to make me an offer ;) .

Even with dB eater they are said to be very loud :mouthwate.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Those exhausts look nice . Can you post a link to website to purchase them .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh, ouch! I see your dilemma. Is it possible to put spacers behind the mounts? Looks like the fasteners may be non-standard (large diameter heads), will standard fasteners work with the Lightech mounts? Or maybe trim the heat shield around the heel guard? I tried to buy a set of Lightechs for the 990 from PJ's parts, but ended up buying the Rizoma's from Motovation as PJ's said they could no longer get the Lightechs.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Palerider,
of course I could put spacers between the frame and the rearset. But that would be more than 1/2" and is not what I wanted......
I think I will have to go for a pre 2013 exhaust or get an aftermarket one.

@doggy:
Fresco only has an Italian hp:

http://www.ffbyfresco.com/

But you can get some impressions. The double exhaust for the Brutale is 535 € plus 60 for the carbon version.

You can also have something like this ;) :

They make every exhaust upon order by hand and you can have all their mufflers fitted to your bike. EC legal - I think this is only possible in Italy ;) .

Here you go for a sound check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kTff3aAFMs

Some guys in German Brutale forums have the double Fresco mounted and love them.

Jochen

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks for the info. Very intetesting. Definitely something worth considering.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I asked them about the slash exhaust and the top pipe is 30cm long and the lower pipe about 25cm long.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The lightech will mount to the frame as any of the rear sets new or old... But the problem is with the units that have the shifter and brake lever....do not line up properly. So my throttle linkage is a bit jerry rigged and the brake lever will not work at all... I'm having to use the stock brake lever.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thank you guys !!

The Lightech and the Rizomas have the same order number for all models. So all the other rearsets should also fit my bike.

SCM will send my some pictures with their rearset mounted on a MV.

Gilles Tooling also fit (took that pic from here):

I do not know whose bike it is...

Jochen
Hello Jochen

this is my bike ^^

thank you for nice photo

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I got a pair of Fresco high mount reverse cone carbon exhausts for my wife's Monster 695. The reverse cone look really goes well on the Monster. The pipes look great and sound awesome, if a little bit loud.
BUT, they were a motherfu#*er to fit. Just for slip-ons and mid pipes it took me a good 3 hours and it is pretty much impossible the get both sides perfectly even.
Not saying that all their pipes are like that from them, but that was my experience. Love the look and sound, hate the fit!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts