MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the rake on an F4 750 EVO 3?

I found a thread from sometime ago which stated that on the 750 the rake is set at the headstock which is welded and not by an insert as in the 1000 so short of cutting and rewelding it is not possible to change the rake on the 750.

The reason I want to change the rake is because I have switched tyres to a Supercorsa Pro (SC1) 120/70 and want to lower by a few mm the front end but I think this will cause some rubbing on lower radiator and cover unless rake angled is increased especially riding on tracks which is where I do most of my riding.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
TakisM said:

I found a thread from sometime ago which stated that on the 750 the rake is set at the headstock which is welded and not by an insert as in the 1000 so short of cutting and rewelding it is not possible to change the rake on the 750.

The reason I want to change the rake is because I have switched tyres to a Supercorsa Pro (SC1) 120/70 and want to lower by a few mm the front end but I think this will cause some rubbing on lower radiator and cover unless rake angled is increased especially riding on tracks which is where I do most of my riding.
I don't know about that welding thing in the 750 :wtf: , but if you can change the rake on your EVO (which is think you can), my guess is that you can decrease it, buy not increase it anymore.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RobP said:
You can also compensate by raising the rear of the bike.
Raising the rear is one option but at 5'7" I'm already at a stretch but as I ride mainly on the track it's not as big an issue as it would be if I road on the roads. I'm experimenting right now with different tyres and settings and was wondering just how much adjastability is available on the F4 750.
I guess all the above have answered by original question. However, I will go ahead and lower the front (only by one ring) and do my last trackday of the year at Silverstone on Sunday (if the weather holds out!).
Being a relative newbie I am finally starting to develop a feel for the bike and want to learn how setup changes affect the feel on the track.
If the weather holds out I'll post some feedback early next week.
Thanks to all above for their responses.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TakisM said:

The 750 uses a the same collar insert system as the 1000 - only with a slightly different rake.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
deimh, it would be possible to use the 1000's collar insert in the 750 to change the rake?

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JamesC said:
The part numbers are interchangeable as far as I know.
Thanks JamesC.
I rode at Silverstone last Sunday after having lowered the front. I didn't get any rubbing of the front SuperCorsa 120/70 on rad but then I was running quite a stiff setup and the tell tale wire tie on the fork showed that I had about another 1cm of useable compression but it's good to know that the option is there if needed. That's probably it for this years' trackdays becuase of the weather here in the UK so time to take care of her over the winter in preparation for next season. Have to say though that bike felt much better following lowering of front end. I had to also raise the rear by about 5mm (weird I know but there you have it).

·
Registered
52 Posts
TakisM said:
deimh, it would be possible to use the 1000's collar insert in the 750 to change the rake?
I believe so (in fact pretty sure), but couldn't say for definite.

Certainly the frames of the 1000 and 750 are exactly the same, hence I don't see why you couldn't.

PS Sorry for tardy response!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
deimh said:
I believe so (in fact pretty sure), but couldn't say for definite.

Certainly the frames of the 1000 and 750 are exactly the same, hence I don't see why you couldn't.

PS Sorry for tardy response!
Thanks deimh. It's the winter season and besides I like the relaxed atmosphere of this forum and our members so I don't consider your response to be tardy at all. I just consider us lucky to have this space to share ideas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts