MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Adelaide Motorcycle Festival is in the Kings Hall in Belfast on the 12-14th February.

Come and have a chat.
Stand 3B in the Nugent Hall.

Brian

·
Registered
909 Posts
Well, went to the show on Sat & had a good day; caught up with Brian(Moto-Tech) and booked the bike in for a little work.
There were a few MV's in attendance; Moto-Tech had forum member BGWELLS' 1078 Brutale on display(looking REAL SWEET!), our "authorised dealer" had a 1000r(well hidden by a load of cheap gear!), and Eddie Ervine's 750 ORO(number 214) was there: it made me almost weep to see it! 12 miles on the clock, a mountain of dust beneath the bodywork & damage to the tail-piece and right rear indicator! It's quite clear that it doesn't mean too much to him & he got it for nothing!
Upstairs, there was a lovely 175 Disco Volante and something quite rare; a bike built by Arturo Magni, based on a Monza 850 engine, ex-Phil Read, and styled like a 73/74 500GP racer. Apparently it's for sale @ £38K !.......form an orderly queue!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Show went well, it was good to speak face to face with guys I have only talked to on the phone.
Thanks to all who took the time to stop & chat.

Brian

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Just got my Brutale back after being on display on moto-tech stand at the Adelaide motorcycle show in Belfast. Glad to have presented an MV as it should be and thanks to all who appreciated it. Yes I do agree that Oro of Eddie Irvine's 'could' and should be immaculate but it resembled just 'another' of the many trophy's the owner has and lacked the attention it deserved. Maybe it was just me ...but seeing the magnesium parts on this bike 'in the flesh' I thought looked a bit dull?. Now I know many will say that's ridiculous to say that but I don't know, maybe it was the colour or something and perhaps if the bike had have been gleaming ....apart from the weight saving they didn't impress me as I thought they would have. But each to his own. Good show with lots to see but would have loved to have seen the new Norton Commando there That IS something I'd have wanted to see up close.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
No problem Brian, anytime and glad to help. No I didn't necessarily think the bike itself was 'dull' I just thought the magnesium parts would have been much more impressive in reality than I thought they were. Especially the wheels and frame side plates. The gold colour was much flatter than I expected. On reflection though maybe I should have gone to 'speck savers' !! Sorry for my Blasphemy on this...I'll accept my punishment like a man!

·
Registered
909 Posts
I agree totally; I prefer the finish on my Ago.

It would be even better though, if mine were magnesium underneath; what price is a Tambo?:laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts