MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
20,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Article in last week's CycleNews by Alan Cathcart. Interesting reading....MV interest comes near the end. Hope you can read my scan.

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Thank you for that as well! Good read.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Most think we have suzuki engines anyway!!!

Anything is a possibility!!

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Thanks for the post Ed.
Not sure if i'd like to walk in and see a beautiful MV next to a Busa

·
Administrator
20,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the post Ed.
Not sure if i'd like to walk in and see a beautiful MV next to a Busa
Already happens in some dealerships....our recent dearly departed (and already missed) Corse Superbikes in Wisconsin as an example (Suzuki, Ducati, MV).

There are lots of multi-line dealers out there with Japanese brands next to European brands. It makes sense.

Some people will want a GSX-R or CBRR, and some people will want a Ducati or MV.

Makes more sense then MV's in a Harley shop.

I am intrigued by Sir Alan's observations. He did, after all, tell us of the forthcoming new product (including the 3 cylinder) 2 years ago after his interview with CC. The man is "in the know", so to speak.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sorry gents
all I could understand was "675 triple"
:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think MV next to a Suzuki would do quite well. Suzuki makes great bikes and has a solid reputation. If I was selling an MV it would be very easy to point out the much better finish and the attention to detail that you get with the MV. It is very hard to point out to a customer what he is getting with an MV but when you have a GSXR 1000 sitting right next to the F4 it is very apparent what you are getting for your additional hard earned dollars.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I recently swapped bikes with a friend who has a GSXR-1000 K6.
Stepping onto the gixxer felt like boarding a big boat.
Honestly, I thought I mounted one of those old GSX-F products, that's how UNsporty the bike felt.
These bikes are not even in the same league.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Went into the Adelaide MV/Yamaha/Husqv. shop today no sign of any MV's at all must be totally sold out waiting new arrivals??? or thrown the dealership in???

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Bring on that F3 , i want a toy to rule town ;) Read give those 600 gixxers and cbr,s a run for their money....

·
Registered
3,304 Posts
On thing to consider is that *IF* MV Agusta makes it into the Suzuki dealerships it will be sold alongside the Suzuki Gladius which may cause a bi of confusion if not jealousy amongst our Brutale riding friends.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
On thing to consider is that *IF* MV Agusta makes it into the Suzuki dealerships it will be sold alongside the Suzuki Gladius which may cause a bi of confusion if not jealousy amongst our Brutale riding friends.
:lightning

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Well Rob, the Gladius looks to be about a foot and a half longer than the Brutale. :)

·
Registered
968 Posts
Went into the Adelaide MV/Yamaha/Husqv. shop today no sign of any MV's at all must be totally sold out waiting new arrivals??? or thrown the dealership in???
Last time I was in there ~6 weeks ago there were 3 MV's in there, not in the MV section they used to have but they were in the corner of the used section. (Awesome way to brand the bikes guys)

IIRC the 3 bikes were -

1 1078RR Brutale (discounted)
1 1078RR F4 (discounted)
1 Senna 1000 #5 (which was binned a couple of months ago, I came across the crash near Mylor, the bike has evidently been repaired subsequently and I presume is being sold on consignment).

But I digress..

It's the only MV dealership in South Aus and the salespeople there have never bothered to really know anything about the bikes or the marque (even though they think they do). Disappointing.

I don't imagine the new models will be treated any differently when they become available.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Oh...interesting read. To me, the acquisition would have nothing to do with integrating the companies or comparing the two very different market segment bikes. The value is that a "cash rich" company will acquire MV, improve the aftermarket supply of parts, dealer network and then leverage resources (R&D maybe) of the other bike company while maintaining the autonomous operation of MV. This could be a very, very good thing...and if the person at the helm is a long time lover of italian bikes it would be even be more of a reason to keep the two brands separate.

Just my 2 cents. Worth less today than yesterday...thanks to Bama!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts