MV Agusta Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Lightweight wheels make a difference. Both handling, acceleration, and braking. Just all over an easier ride. If I had the extra coin, I'd do it!
Thanks mate, yes, I am aware of the advantages, I run BST on my F4 but just wondering if anyone had specific exprerince on the F3, likely I will get some OZ anyway.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Anyone had any positive experience of changing the wheels on the F3? I have never weighed the OEM ones but I was led to believe they are not the lightest so was looking at a set of OZ to see if it makes a difference. Honestly I dont feel any issue with turn in or anything so its not like I am trying to address an issue but just wondering if anyone has made the switch and can clearly feel and before and after.

Gotta fill in the track downtime with something!
Yeah, very curious what the options are out there besides $$ carbon fibre. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yeah, very curious what the options are out there besides $$ carbon fibre. Any ideas?
Well the obvious are Marchesini or OZ....both look good and should be decent weight saving. Actually the BST's on my F4 have been sold and I am replacing with Marchesini M10 (should arrive tomorrow).

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
After over 2 years of waiting the borders between Singapore and Malaysia are opening up and the first track day at Sepang Is forthcoming! time to start getting the track F3 ready and first to do was to replace the ageing tank grips. Went with stompgrips however had to cut them so they fit with the tank extension. Not the neatest but for my track bike I am less critical.

Fluids change and we should be good to go.....hopefully.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
So its been a long time coming but eventually found one which is track ready and with a list of parts which means I need to do very little.
The workshop is just sorting a new throttle assembly so she should be with me in a couple of weeks time, pictures soon but here is the list of parts and one picture from my test ride at Sepang last week.

She joins my F4RR and Dragster.....(although the wife does not know, and why should she?)

MV AGUSTA F3-675

128 rwhp

Performance
  • Mv corse full titanium headers. SC project full titanium rear exhaust system
  • spare arrow titanium slip-on exhaust
-MWR WSS air filter
- Spare MWR HE air filter
-WSS 4 PCS Air intake tubes
-Spare cf oem design air tubes
-Custom v stacks set up.
- Blue print throttle bodies
-Wss race flash ecu
- Spare mv corse ecu and oem ecu
-Bazzaz ZFI Traction Control
-Samco red silicone cooling system hoses with motul mocool
-Spare Samco Blue silicone cooling system hoses with koso temperature connections attached
-Spec 2bar radiator cap
-Complete dyno tuned mapping
-Eni 10/60 fully synthetic oil
-Ngk cr10eix iridium Sparkplug
-EVR slipper clutch
-Modified, lightened oem wiring harness to race use

Chassis

-Ohlins ttx 30mm front cartridge and springs
-Ohlins fork Stanchions
-Ohlins ttx rear shock with hydraulic preload adjuster
-Ohlins Steering damper with Moto Corse steering damper mount kit

Chassis set up

-GB Racing engine case cover
-Spare bonamici engine case cover
-Zeta/brembo shorty front brake lever
-Zeta brake span adjuster
-Mv Corse clutch perch kit with lever
-Pro Grip 717 rb
-DB Moto alloy upper fairing stay with custom stearing stop
-Twm billet locking fuel cap
-Cht 520 Super light sprockets 15/42
-Rk race Spec 520 Chain
-Bonamici adjustable rearsets
-Skyrich lithium battery

Body

-Motoforza bodywork
-Carbonin wssp oversized intake ducts
-Paint job
-Tank extender
-Techspec tank grip
-Zero Gravity DBL BBL clear shield

Braking
-Brembo oem M4.34a monobloc calipers
-Brembo supersport 320mm front rotors
-Brembo z04 brake pads
-Custom front SS brake lines
-Motul RBF660 brake fluid
Very impressive. Only 8.5 RWBHP less than my F3 800! Looks great!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
First track day in over 2.5 years is In a few weeks time so this F3 has not moved for a long time. Needed to replace the steering damper I stole to put on the F3RC. Went with Bitubo this time (previous was ohlins), it only works on track bikes as installs in the space where the ignition normally sits.
build quality seems nice, lets see how it performs.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cheers mate. My F3 800RC will goto the dyno soon after I fit the high level SC, should be delivered next week. Hoping to get a reasonable increase on the 675.
Just for your info, I’ve geared my F3 800 either the standard gearing of a 675, I.E.. 16/43, down from 17/41. It bolts out of the corners, and consequently I had to stiffen up my steering damper considerably.
BTW I’d love to have the suspension mods you’ve got on your 675. Enjoy mate.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Just for your info, I’ve geared my F3 800 either the standard gearing of a 675, I.E.. 16/43, down from 17/41. It bolts out of the corners, and consequently I had to stiffen up my steering damper considerably.
You mean your acceleration on corner exit is way better with this 16/43 gearing?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Agreed mate, I also went one down on the front sprocket on my 800RC, so much quicker off the line and as you say out of corners (think I mentioned on my other thread). One of the cheapest and best mods to do assuming you dont mind losing some top end.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed mate, I also went one down on the front sprocket on my 800RC, so much quicker off the line and as you say out of corners (think I mentioned on my other thread). One of the cheapest and best mods to do assuming you dont mind losing some top end.
Yes I agree about the cheapest mod. I believe the losing top end speed when you gear it for acceleration is a bit of a myth. For example, my previous track bike, a 2006 GSXR750 K6, was geared -1/+2, and was still 500 rpm short of redline
On the 900m main straight at Phillip Island.
Thats the general rule of thumb I use to get a good gearing set up. Obviously a track with a longer straight would probably need a slightly different sprocket combination, maybe-1/+1.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts