MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
After recommendation from other forum members I have ordered the linear linkage from Forsaken, MV Agusta F3 Linear Suspension Link plus an H20 radiator as the bike is getting pretty hot on the track.
These items plus some tarting up will mean the bike is ready to race in a month or so, first race is in June, testing from April.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Some new graphics, new race number (the bellypan numbers will be changed soon), wheels painted and a full fork service. Still waiting on the H20 and the linkage, with the H20 being from Italy......who knows when it may arrive.
Practice is one month away, first race end of June.

Attachments

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Let us know if the new radiator makes a noticeable difference in cooling.
Will do mate. As you can imagine with the radiator coming from Italy I am not sure when it will arrive. Evolutionbike assured me it will be shipped soon but somewhat out of their hands. Fingers crossed.
The linkage however should arrive in a day or so as coming from Canada.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Thanks for the tank shroud reference. I ordered mine yesterday! I'm also going to try the one HSBK Racing has to see if I prefer one over the other, or if I should just stick with the stock tank. I tried one similar to the larger one on a friend R1 and I like it much better than without the shroud.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Thanks for the tank shroud reference. I ordered mine yesterday! I'm also going to try the one HSBK Racing has to see if I prefer one over the other, or if I should just stick with the stock tank. I tried one similar to the larger one on a friend R1 and I like it much better than without the shroud.
No worries, let me know how it goes...

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Linkage arrived, as recommended by another forum member. Unfortunately Sepang is closed so no idea when ill get to try it!

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Bummer you can't test it quite yet. I think with that link you're supposed to run a softer spring? I was going to get that a while ago and was talking back and forth with them. I didn't end up getting it because of the rules of the series I was going to run.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Bummer you can't test it quite yet. I think with that link you're supposed to run a softer spring? I was going to get that a while ago and was talking back and forth with them. I didn't end up getting it because of the rules of the series I was going to run.
I think you need a stiffer spring, or so I am led to believe. Anyway, my workshop knows, they have fitted before.
Also true on the fact many series don't allow this item to be changed. We are racing in a a very amateur series which allows anything really but if we move up the ranks then it may need to come off. My intention was to get another F3 and keep it more stock for this purpose. Interested to see however what the difference is with this linkage.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts