MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a long time coming but eventually found one which is track ready and with a list of parts which means I need to do very little.
The workshop is just sorting a new throttle assembly so she should be with me in a couple of weeks time, pictures soon but here is the list of parts and one picture from my test ride at Sepang last week.

She joins my F4RR and Dragster.....(although the wife does not know, and why should she?)

MV AGUSTA F3-675

128 rwhp

Performance
- Mv corse full titanium headers. SC project full titanium rear exhaust system
- spare arrow titanium slip-on exhaust
-MWR WSS air filter
- Spare MWR HE air filter
-WSS 4 PCS Air intake tubes
-Spare cf oem design air tubes
-Custom v stacks set up.
- Blue print throttle bodies
-Wss race flash ecu
- Spare mv corse ecu and oem ecu
-Bazzaz ZFI Traction Control
-Samco red silicone cooling system hoses with motul mocool
-Spare Samco Blue silicone cooling system hoses with koso temperature connections attached
-Spec 2bar radiator cap
-Complete dyno tuned mapping
-Eni 10/60 fully synthetic oil
-Ngk cr10eix iridium Sparkplug
-EVR slipper clutch
-Modified, lightened oem wiring harness to race use

Chassis

-Ohlins ttx 30mm front cartridge and springs
-Ohlins fork Stanchions
-Ohlins ttx rear shock with hydraulic preload adjuster
-Ohlins Steering damper with Moto Corse steering damper mount kit

Chassis set up

-GB Racing engine case cover
-Spare bonamici engine case cover
-Zeta/brembo shorty front brake lever
-Zeta brake span adjuster
-Mv Corse clutch perch kit with lever
-Pro Grip 717 rb
-DB Moto alloy upper fairing stay with custom stearing stop
-Twm billet locking fuel cap
-Cht 520 Super light sprockets 15/42
-Rk race Spec 520 Chain
-Bonamici adjustable rearsets
-Skyrich lithium battery

Body

-Motoforza bodywork
-Carbonin wssp oversized intake ducts
-Paint job
-Tank extender
-Techspec tank grip
-Zero Gravity DBL BBL clear shield

Braking
-Brembo oem M4.34a monobloc calipers
-Brembo supersport 320mm front rotors
-Brembo z04 brake pads
-Custom front SS brake lines
-Motul RBF660 brake fluid

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
I like :grin2:

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's one expensive parts list! Congratz!

·
Registered
808 Posts
Thanks! luckily the bike was not valued on its parts...so I got a bit of a bargain.

Yes that's what wives are always told.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Love it! That is a really nice bike. Love what is done to the engine/exhaust and the front brakes! J consider the Forsaken Motorsports rear linkage since your F3 is track only. It will allow the rear tire to last longer and provide better edge grip, both areas that make the F3 an even better track weapon. Cheers!

"My only worry is something will happen to me and my wife will sell everything I own for what I told her it cost" - Anonymous

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love it! That is a really nice bike. Love what is done to the engine/exhaust and the front brakes! J consider the Forsaken Motorsports rear linkage since your F3 is track only. It will allow the rear tire to last longer and provide better edge grip, both areas that make the F3 an even better track weapon. Cheers!

"My only worry is something will happen to me and my wife will sell everything I own for what I told her it cost" - Anonymous
Cheers mate.

You are talking about this linkage?

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
That is it! The FM linkage uses the stock linkage side plates. You will need a stiffer spring in most cases.

I did the testing of the prototype and found that with different length side plates and shock lengths we were able to move where on the graphed linkage "curve" (it is very flat) the suspension travels. It is not necessary to go to those extremes, the benefits from those changes have diminishing returns and the cost rises in order to make those changes.
The linkage can pay for itself in one season in tire life savings for a active rider, could take longer if one doesn't ride on track often.

With the F3 having the capability to open the throttle earlier in the corner is a big benefit to lap time and exit speed. The capability to carry more speed in the corner with less slip is a nice benefit.

I had opportunity to speak with PJ Jacobson about this and he agreed that if the WSS team could have used this linkage legally he would have without question. Tire life, side grip and drive grip was compromised with the more progressive stock linkage. BTW he said that he really loved racing the F3. Cheers

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is it! The FM linkage uses the stock linkage side plates. You will need a stiffer spring in most cases.

I did the testing of the prototype and found that with different length side plates and shock lengths we were able to move where on the graphed linkage "curve" (it is very flat) the suspension travels. It is not necessary to go to those extremes, the benefits from those changes have diminishing returns and the cost rises in order to make those changes.
The linkage can pay for itself in one season in tire life savings for a active rider, could take longer if one doesn't ride on track often.

With the F3 having the capability to open the throttle earlier in the corner is a big benefit to lap time and exit speed. The capability to carry more speed in the corner with less slip is a nice benefit.

I had opportunity to speak with PJ Jacobson about this and he agreed that if the WSS team could have used this linkage legally he would have without question. Tire life, side grip and drive grip was compromised with the more progressive stock linkage. BTW he said that he really loved racing the F3. Cheers

Thanks for the info. I have only managed a couple of laps on the F3 so far, each time i went out someone else seem to crash so the session got stopped. Next trackday is October so looking forward to that! I will use tyre warmers now so hopefully that should also prolong my tyre life. After a few trackdays of getting used to the F3 then i will look to get this linkage.

I do love the sound of the full breathing SC exhaust, even at the track where everyone is running somekind of race exhaust the F3 stands out and is silly loud, probably for the best I cant ride it on the road.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Arrived and all set for the next track day.....cant wait!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Oooooyah, that's sexy!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
That is one sick bike!!
How do you like the Motoforza fairings (thinking of getting them fro my F3 800)? And what exactly is the 'Tank extender'?

Thanks!
They seem good, fitment looks nice, no big gaps etc. I have only taken the belly pan off and on and that was a breeze. Cant comment on fitting them as I didn't do it but the guy who made the bike knows his stuff so I expect nothing but the best from him.

Tank extender extends the tank towards your crotch so there is less space to move around, you are always in a bent over, race position.
Under breaking you dont shift forward so much.
I am at Sepang this weekend on the F4 and F3 so will see what she is like.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Tank extender extends the tank towards your crotch so there is less space to move around, you are always in a bent over, race position.
Under breaking you dont shift forward so much.
Amazing. Indeed, on track, my F3's brakes are so so so good but it sure does throw your body around. Do you know who makes that tank extender? Is it the "Tank Cover Big" option on Motoforza's site?
https://www.bikesplast.com/product/basic-kit-mv-agusta-f3-675-2012/

I am at Sepang this weekend on the F4 and F3 so will see what she is like.
Omfg I'm like seriously jealous. I've watched Crafar's taped lap at Sepang so many times :)
Enjoy and please do post videos of the F3 tearing it up there!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amazing. Indeed, on track, my F3's brakes are so so so good but it sure does throw your body around. Do you know who makes that tank extender? Is it the "Tank Cover Big" option on Motoforza's site?
https://www.bikesplast.com/product/basic-kit-mv-agusta-f3-675-2012/

Dont think that's it mate......this is one of the options:

https://www.hsbkracing.com/parts-and-apparel/mv-agusta/f3-675-800/seats/raceseats-mv-agusta-f3-675-800-competition-tank-extension/

1 - 20 of 41 Posts