·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice ones!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ohlins in. Needed a new chain as the old one was rusting on the inside due to the bike sitting idle for long periods of time. Will report back on the handling difference once I get a good ride.

Had to cut a small piece of the ABS module plastic cover away so the rear shock would fit and not be damaged. I will be removing the ABS anyway with a deletion module soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Added some more parts in preparation for the track:
Ohlins sterring damper
Brembo supersportdiscs
Brembo Billet master cylinder
Spider rearsets
Moto Corse fule filler cap
Carbon airtubes....obviously cant see these...

Shame the gold Marchesini's have not arrived from Italy yet!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The next round of modifications are ready to be installed in the quest of getting her track focused, if only I could actually get to the track!. Anyway, here they are:
I2M Chrome Dash
Tall velocity stack
Some MV Corse wheel/sprocket nuts
Samco hoses

The I2M dash has been done before on the forum so nothing really new there, same for the velocity stack but for those who maybe are not aware if you look at the OEM velocity stacks there are 2 long and one short. The race bikes run all 3 long which is why MWR make a combined 3 long velocity stacks for a pretty high price. The cheap way of achieving the same thing is to do what I am doing and purchase one of the longer ones and replace the short one. This is supposed to improve the midrange.....well we will see. Will fit this week.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
Marchesini Wheels added. Been raining here so cant comment as yet on the difference.....if any.

UPDATE - Well any difference in handling is minor, if anything it feels a bit more stable mid corner but that is probably more to do with going from 5.5 to 6 inch on the rear (180 - 190 tyre) The wheels are slightly lighter but it is not translating to anything major, at least not on the road, this may all be different if I could track it.
There are many opinions on 5.5 or 6 inch on the rear for 'supermids', personally I think it is subjective on your riding style. I dont find the bike any significantly harder to turn in, in fact as I mentioned seems a little more stable.

Anyway, worth it for the looks in my opinion...but maybe I should have gone for magnesium...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I am sure it has been covered before but just incase....

I have never really been happy with the throttle response at low revs, the pick-up/torque feels lacking compared to my other 3 cylinder MV's (Dragster and track F3 675), yes I am still running the stock exhaust but with Ti headers plus ECU studio. I appreciate it is made for the track so all the power/torque is up high but given I cant get to the track at the moment so most of my ridings is on the road I wanted to try and fix the issue.
So I changed the front sprocket to 16 (OEM is 17) and the difference is so much better. At least now it seems to have some pull from low revs so corner exit is much more enjoyable rather than waiting for 10k rpm +. I will happily lose the 5-6% at top for this change, at last the bike feels like I thought it would.
Can recommend this to anyone with the 800cc (the 676 comes with 16 tooth I believe).
Now I know it works I will change the whole set to 520....

41 - 55 of 55 Posts