MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was only a matter of time before one of these joined the others in the collection. Managed to secure a 2017 F3RC with less then 1000km on the clock. Will be on the road for a period then move to another track tool.
Will be upgrading the usual (suspension, brakes, exhaust etc) over the next few months. More pictures coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
ahhh very nice, complimenti

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The F3RC joins the family, like father like daughter....

Have to be honest, first impression doesn't blow me away (other than in the looks department), maybe I am spoilt with my other MVs that are quite heavily modified. Standard set-up on the F3RC seems slow to turn in but I am thinking the ride height on the rear has been messed with. Also, the blipper doesn't work, usual MV it seems. ECU Studio might be called for.
Anyway, first modifications coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No wonder the handling is off (on top of the ride height being too low), one of the front forks is leaking, suppose this is the problem when bikes sit and don't move for a period of time.
The list of issues grows, few weeks before I can get her to the workshop though. For the time being will cover her over and sit and wait.

Attachments

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019
95 Posts
No wonder the handling is off (on top of the ride height being too low), one of the front forks is leaking, suppose this is the problem when bikes sit and don't move for a period of time.
The list of issues grows, few weeks before I can get her to the workshop though. For the time being will cover her over and sit and wait.
Hello! Try first with a simple cheap utensil that you can find here in the US called SEALMATE. I bought it off Amazon and worked for me. Its use is very simple and straight forward.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello! Try first with a simple cheap utensil that you can find here in the US called SEALMATE. I bought it off Amazon and worked for me. Its use is very simple and straight forward.
Thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019
95 Posts
Thanks for the tip...
Of course...Happy Holidays!
Just make sure you repeat the process if it doesn't work at first....
I did it like 3-4 times and had to wait/giving the bike like 50 miles and a couple of days/rides to permanently stop to leak oil. Keep drying it and you'll see that will leak less and less until it stops.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Looking forward to see the Jhollis treatment to another F3!

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking forward to see the Jhollis treatment to another F3!
Thanks mate. She just went to the workshop for the first phase......first phase of many it seems.

·
Premium Member
BMW HP4 Carbon 2013, ZX10R Gen 1 2004, F3 800 2017
89 Posts
Lovely stable mate, my F3 mirrors yours exactly.. can I ask what your looking to do on the upgrades and are you sticking a full exhaust system on..I'm in the market for an end can which might turn into a full system. I might track mine this year so would be good to gain some knowledge from your upgrade intentions.

Cheers

Stu

2017 F3 800, HP4 Comp, ZX10R

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lovely stable mate, my F3 mirrors yours exactly.. can I ask what your looking to do on the upgrades and are you sticking a full exhaust system on..I'm in the market for an end can which might turn into a full system. I might track mine this year so would be good to gain some knowledge from your upgrade intentions.

Cheers

Stu

Thanks mate.
Where do I start (and stop!), well you saw my comment on the Termis headers, these will be installed soon, when the track opens I will fit a high level SC slip on to make this into a full system. The other mods I will do are as follows:
ECU Studio
Valtermoto rearsets
Ohlins front fork internals
Ohlins TTX rear shock
Marchesini M10RS wheels (probably in gold)
Possible race fairings once the track opens
520 Chain conversion
Brembo master cylinder
Brembo supersport discs or maybe T drives)
Race fuel filler cap
MV Corse bar ends
MV Corse brake protector
Replace the massive rear indicators
GB Engine protectors
MWR Funnels
Racing screen

Thats what I can think of off the top of my head...

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I did see the post, thanks for that.

Sounds good and expensive if your replacing the rims. Your clearly turning her into track only with T Drives then and Sussie upgrades, I'd like to improve aspects of mine but still keep her road legal.

The indicators are huge for this bike right enough, I'm thinking of replacing mine with something neater, Double Bubble Puig Smoked Screen, I'll consider a M/C but wait till I get her out on the road first, I may be happy with a good set of pads, I can interchange my pads with my HP4 as the calipers are the same and I've a selection of decent pads available.

The fork set up looks pretty basic tho for fast road riding hopefully will be fine.

The exhaust is a definite, I'm not sure about the high levels but thats a good choice for track..I like the triple outlet aesthetics but I'm looking at a Grand for a slip on which is ridiculous.

Will look forward to your upgrades, it would be good if you posted up as you go images.

I had shite service off Vatermoto direct in the spring when I was rebuilding my Gen 1 ZX10R.. however it seems as I was an exception rather than a rule, their products are actually pretty neat.

Cheers

Stu

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Sounds good and expensive if your replacing the rims. Your clearly turning her into track only with T Drives then and Sussie upgrades, I'd like to improve aspects of mine but still keep her road legal.

The indicators are huge for this bike right enough, I'm thinking of replacing mine with something neater, Double Bubble Puig Smoked Screen, I'll consider a M/C but wait till I get her out on the road first, I may be happy with a good set of pads, I can interchange my pads with my HP4 as the calipers are the same and I've a selection of decent pads available.

The fork set up looks pretty basic tho for fast road riding hopefully will be fine.

The exhaust is a definite, I'm not sure about the high levels but thats a good choice for track..I like the triple outlet aesthetics but I'm looking at a Grand for a slip on which is ridiculous.

Will look forward to your upgrades, it would be good if you posted up as you go images.

I had shite service off Vatermoto direct in the spring when I was rebuilding my Gen 1 ZX10R.. however it seems as I was an exception rather than a rule, their products are actually pretty neat.

Cheers

Stu

For Valtermoto I order from Evolutionbike and not had any issue, they are in my opinion the best quality but they dont seem too bothered in marketing themselves. When I saw the WSBK and WSS race bikes in Tokyo, they both used Valtermoto rearsets.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Started with some basic mods as the headers are still on their way from Italy.
New tyres (SC1) - the ones on the bike were 4 years old
MWR high perf air filer
Brembo Z04 brake pads
New rear indicators - got rid of those massive air brakes
Progrip 717 and mv corse bar ends
CNC reverse shift - so now runs race shift

Also added the OEM decals to the carbon lower panels

Attachments

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Cheers

Stu

Also, I am not a fan of Puig screens, I like the race look so will go with MV001T RACE HIGH WINDSCREEN WRS TRASPARENT +50MM MV AGUSTA F3 675 / 800 2013-2020

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
For Valtermoto I order from Evolutionbike and not had any issue, they are in my opinion the best quality but they dont seem too bothered in marketing themselves. When I saw the WSBK and WSS race bikes in Tokyo, they both used Valtermoto rearsets.
Agree entirely about the lack of promotion, I could have kicked myself after I bought a set of (slightly) adjustable pegs from them which are actually superb quality, they had a special on full rear sets for £100 quid more, I only came across them by chance hidden away in the bowels of their website, it's quite untidy and disjointed, and went hand in hand with the service I got from them (an example of which is sending my email back to tell me I was to send to [email protected] !) you know..rather than send it to [email protected] to deal with... fucking idiot.. scuse the language... probably way easier using a reseller.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts