MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like a great weekend to ride the Angeles Crest Highway to Newcomb's Ranch!

I'll be at the Shell station at the bottom at 8am Saturday.

Alex

·
Registered
735 Posts
I rode w/Altoon and one of his friends. Perfect conditions and a little excitement. A guy on a CBR1000 had a crash, fortunately the bike is rideable but his shoulder was too painful for him to ride home safely. Ohh and I decreased my chicken strips :smoking:

Saw a group of Lotus Elises and Exiges; I had considered buying one. Can't wait to do it again.

·
Registered
735 Posts
sorry never got my camera out. it actually fits in the storage compartment.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, no photos. too busy riding the piss out of the damn thing to be taking pictures!

it was AWESOME. i've been riding the crest since '98, and today was probably one of the best rides i've ever done up there.

at 8am at the bottom, we heard nothing but bad news. last week it was lots of cops, several busts, tickets for everything (pipes, windscreens, turn signals) and lots of traffic. i was expecting more of the same for today. someone even told us that he saw a few chp already on the way up there.

so, we started off at about 8:30, and i was leading and taking it easy. at the lower part, before the ranger station, we hit a few cars, which i was able to pass using the passing zones, rather than crossing the double yellow.

once we got past those, and made the left onto angeles forest hwy, it was clear, smooth, and fast.

i started off at a pretty reasonable pace, but then the "rhythm of mv" took over, and soon i was doing speeds that can get you a free orange jumpsuit. but i was comfortable, enjoying myself, and feeling the flow with the bike.

it was like that pretty much the entire ride. we stopped for breakfast a newcombs, then headed up to the top, had to turn around just past mt. waterman and ride back the same way. YIPEEE!!!

on the way down, i kinda buzzed past newcombs.

doing 90.

some guys in a couple of lawn chairs were clapping. :naughty:

it was a great day.

alex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts