MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a day free in London and Im wondering if its worthwhile spending a couple of hours visiting the famous Ace cafe, or is it an overrated coffee shop?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Depends on whats on as they have different events so check their web site. I went to an italian bike day a couple of years ago, lots of bikes on that sunday but still not many MVs.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
i've never been but planned to go a couple of weeks back but couldnt. Ive heard mixed reports. I think its one to tick of the list, get yourself a T-Shirt, and say you've done it. When you over here?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
was there a few weeks ago , foods great couple of nice chics serving (rather large hooters)
a few bikes there but mainly posers in sports cars but worth a visit that was my first visit since 1967

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Food is decent, coffee isn't too bad, women aren't terrible to look at, t-shirts are awesome.

Definitely worth a quick trip if you've never been.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Ive been there. Id only go for whatever meet is on. The venue is at the end of a boring ride down a boring motorway. Id go for an Italian day but can find much nicer rides and venues than the Ace Cafe Im afraid ...If you're close by why not but if you are travelling long distance I personally wouldnt bother unless there was an event on which grabs your interest.

The National motorcycle museum at Birmingham is much nicer place to visit...; )

Joe

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
a better place with real biker history is the dugout golders green (they even have my mug shot on the wall with the Oakland MC

·
King of Bling
9,831 Posts
Ive got a day free in London and Im wondering if its worthwhile spending a couple of hours visiting the famous Ace cafe, or is it an overrated coffee shop?
Save your time and order a T shirt online... It's not a coffee shop, it's an old refurbished 1960's building turned into a marketing monster..

Yes, if there's an event on that rocks your boat and the weather is sunny, then an hour down The Ace strolling around the car park with a nice mug of hot tea in one hand and an admiration for others personnel taste in motorbikes or cars, then The Ace is worth a visit.. ( you'll have to dodge the posers, the place is heaving with them)..

As for the hot totty serving behind the bar, it's no Hooters.. :naughty:

If you're lucky you might be served by a nice Skancavitch bird and if you're not, then it could be an overseas Indian student bloke from Wembley University with a BO problem and poor grasp of the local dialect. ;)

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
a better place with real biker history is the dugout golders green (they even have my mug shot on the wall with the Oakland MC

The DUGOUT!!!!!!! Holy fuck. I used to go there when i was at school and my old man went there in the 60's when he was a rocker.

If you didn't know it existed you'd never find it and tbh i doubt i could find it now if it's still open. i vaguely remember you go down a side street behind the row of shops at the main quadrent near the tube station and then down in the back of one of the shops is the dugout in the basement.

fuck this world is small. :)

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts