MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was told about this today.
And found this news clipping on the net.
Dont have any more infomation.
RIP.....

A motorcyclist was killed and two other people were injured in a highway crash in Melbourne’s south-east last night.

Police said the male rider, believed to be in his 20s, was killed instantly when his motorcycle collided with a car that was attempting to perform a U-turn on the Nepean Highway in Highett about 9.20pm.

A Victoria Police spokesman said the motorcyclist was riding his MV Agusta bike south on the highway when it collided with a Honda CRV that had been travelling north but was was completing a U-turn at Turner Road.

The crash pushed the car, carrying a man and woman believed to be aged in their 60s, onto its side.

The couple were taken to The Alfred hospital with minor injuries and the Nepean Highway was closed for several hours while police investigated the crash scene.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
That is terrible.

You def have to ride like everyone is out to kill you because, between the women in the SUVs and the elderly, they pretty much are.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
RIP...he had to be moving if the force of the impact pushed the car over.
Possible but perhaps not. CRV's, by design, carry their weight high. I think it's entirely possible that the turning CRV, especially if it was making a rapid u-turn, could be tipped over by a motorcycle / rider at speeds round 100 kph.
Tragic loss, regardless. Rest in peace.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Shit i hope it wasnt someone from here.. Very sad news

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Possible but perhaps not. CRV's, by design, carry their weight high. I think it's entirely possible that the turning CRV, especially if it was making a rapid u-turn, could be tipped over by a motorcycle / rider at speeds round 100 kph.
Tragic loss, regardless. Rest in peace.
Its probably a perfect storm. They were on a motorway (aka realitively high but legal speeds) in what is basically a lifted car (not the most stable) and making a u-turn that was already probably causing the car to lean hard away from the rider.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Very sad news.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I had some truck try and take me out the other day. I was riding on my side around a curve, he was coming the opposite direction and crossing into my lane around a blind curve. Just missed him.

Be careful out there guys....people don't pay attention and it only takes a split second.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I feel so desparately sad to hear this awful news.
I had just sent a package to Boyd. He was a very nice person.
Poor kid...
Joe

·
Registered
601 Posts
This is very sad news. R.I.P. Assail.
My thoughts are with his friends and family.

Cars and Bikes don't Mix.

Please take care out there.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Hi all unfortunately the person involved in this was a member here. I went past this scene not long after it happened.. His name was Boyd (Member name Assail) http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/member.php?u=31735

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/rider-killed-as-car-attempts-highway-uturn-20120516-1ypng.html

RIP Boyd :( sad way to end..
Oh! That makes it even more sad :( :(
Prayers sent out for him, his family and friends.

I feel so desparately sad to hear this awful news.
I had just sent a package to Boyd. He was a very nice person.
Poor kid...
Joe
Damn! :(

1 - 20 of 73 Posts