MV Agusta Forum banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well it all worked out.

Sent the exhaust back to Design Corse for refund. That should happen in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I contacted HP Corse directly and asked them about getting the exact exhaust I want (settled on Hydro Tre with no baffling and no DB killers, straight pipe).

I had read a forum member previously get a discount from HP corse when ordering by mentioning they are a forum member.

HP Corse hooked me up with a nice discount and the total price for the exact exhaust I wanted for almost half the cost of the one I got through Design Corse at discount!

The new one sounds great and is the right amount of loud :)

Great people to work with and very prompt shipping.
Nice. I tried running my MV Corse without the db killers but it was insanely loud at speed (more so under load up hill). Even with ear plugs in.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Nice. I tried running my MV Corse without the db killers but it was insanely loud at speed (more so under load up hill). Even with ear plugs in.
Mine is the right amount of loud for me, then again I'm coming from an RSV-4 with a SC-Projects open exhaust. This seems way more tame.

The baffled and DB killered version was just as quiet as stock IMO, except when really on the throttle.

I like a little more character when I'm riding. I'm not doing long highway trips, so droning for long hours isn't really an issue I have to deal with.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Previous bike was an 800RC so I cannot compare the Dragster to it.

Euro4 model, yes the handlebars are wide especially compared with the F3, at the beginning I certainly clipped a few mirrors whilst filtering.:grin2::grin2:

No problems whatsoever with the clutch, but did have a hunting/surging issue that took some resolving
agree Bruce, handlebars far too wide, especially if mirrors out too, and no room on bars (Right hand) to fit alternative mirrors

Anyone have comments on the steering damper, the one I have is fully wound up and still not stiff enough, had it checked out against other dragsters in showroom but all seem simillar

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
@sweatnblood, here is some info for you and probably some others would appreciate as well.

Congrats on the new ride! Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help with.

As per my experience with exhausts on these bikes...
I had a 2015 prior to this with the FM Projects exhaust. I liked the look and sound at the time, but feel there were better looking options at the time I was modifying my 2019.

I ended up with the HP Corse Hydro Tre. Long story short I had ordered a specific version of it from DesigneCorse, got the wrong version, then went back and forth for 6 months trying to get it sorted. I eventually returned the exhaust and ordered directly through HP Corse, which I highly recommend. Ask for a discount for being a part of the forum.

For the HP Corse exhaust, there are a few different options.

1. DB Killers:
Permanent
Removable
None

2. Internal Baffles
With Them
Without Them

3. Coating
Brushed Metal Look
Matte Black

The first one I got from DesigneCorse ended up having Permanent DB killers and Baffling

I originally wanted No Baffling and removable DB killers, but ended up going with No DB Killers and No Baffling. And yes it is loud. Highway riding for long distances wouldn't be very pleasurable.

One thing to mention is that when you order your exhaust from HP Corse directly, stress that you need the new bracket, not the old one :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Anyone have comments on the steering damper, the one I have is fully wound up and still not stiff enough, had it checked out against other dragsters in showroom but all seem similar
Agreed, mine fully wound up is no different than the low setting. I checked 4 other Brutales at my dealers showroom and they were all the same. The adjustment made no difference. I guess I will have to get an Ohlins if I want a steering damper that works.......:frown2:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on the Corse 3 Titanium ways (homologated) with the removable DB killers. Hopefully she will look & sound great! Also bought a few tid-bits to make it look better like the clear clutch cover/ with red pressure plate, and rear sprocket flange. I'll have to do some more homework on a performance air filter/ race tune...also does anyone know if a tune will void your warrantee? Thanks for any help.

Tony

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Agreed, mine fully wound up is no different than the low setting. I checked 4 other Brutales at my dealers showroom and they were all the same. The adjustment made no difference. I guess I will have to get an Ohlins if I want a steering damper that works.......:frown2:

still cannot understand why they fit a steering damper that simply does not work, unfit for purpose

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys. went on a few rides now and i must say i'm impressed. A lot easier and smoother than all my previous bikes.
I'm still looking for the first few things to add on and i found some carbon:

will this fit my 2019 dragster RC and if so, is there perhaps a more reliable (and preferably european) supplier around? Correct me if i'm wrong but it looks like the part in attachment.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
here are some recent pic's after putting on the exhaust, I did have them take the resonators out and she should fantastic!

Attachments

81 - 91 of 91 Posts