MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about what accessories people are adding to their bikes. In particular tank bags, tail bags, gps, main item used for weekend rides.

Bill

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ventura tailbag but I had to modify the straps to fit under the rear seat. heard some good reports on kreiga luggage as well. the TomTom rider handlebar mount fits easily as well and can be easily adjusted so you don't block your dials.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I use the Kriega US20 tail pack (can also be used as tank bag) every day for my laptop etc
I use the Kriega US20 + 2 x US10 for weekends away
I use a TomTom Rider on a handlebar mount with a Scala Rider bluetooth headset

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sport Touring is my passion

Taking the Brutale on a multi day trip is what I live for. Traveling light is eased by having the right gear in the right place, and avoids lost time having to reposition your luggage during the day.

None of the standard range of tank bags appealed to me. Usually the attachments are poor, or the the bags will abrade some of the paint work, so I chose a different route. I built my own mounting and modified a tank bag.

I ordered a spare seat bracket as used to attach the pillion pad to the rear of my 1090RR. A few hours in the shop, some scraps of wood and 1/4 inch plywood, and a few D rings later, I was 'good to go'. A piece of naugahyde from the local auto upholstery shop aided the project.

The design allows me to quickly remove the tail bag platform. The D rings facilitate using a net, and raising the platform keeps the underside of the bag from abrading the tail light or the top edge of the seat. The paint chosen has a rough finish to keep the tail bag from moving around, and I can remove it in seconds upon reaching my destination, by releasing four corner clips. The bungee net is NOT required to secure the bag and is usually stowed in a side pocket. When desired, a simple cable and lock can ride on the top of the platform and the tail bag snaps down on top of the cable, avoiding taking up space 'inside' the tail bag.

The chosen bag was the Ogio Stealth, and holds 30 liters expanded. Please note, I removed the 'scratch proof pad, that is stitched to the bottom of the bag, as it was not required for my application. The bag is very well made and I love the three external pockets for 'stuff' I use during the day, and quite reasonably priced.

The photos below show the bag with the zipper 'expansion sleeve' in the open position. This makes the bag 10" high.

In addition to the bag, I have added heated grips, and a mount for my Garmin GPS. The switch for the grips is tucked inside the left side combination switch housing.

Ride safely,
Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pierre Thanks for the luggage info but the best part was the link that led me to the website about Hwy 36. I will have to check it out, it may be possible that I've ridden it in my California daze 9-) but I will certainly need another trip down from Oregon to remember.
email to luggage locker, about the tailbag, bounced but I'll investigate tomorrow....later ...looks like they closed their doors.

Thanks again

Bill

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have the Ventura Rack System.

Aero Spada VII

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/bikepack/p0651.aspx

with

L-Bracket (fits the Brutale)

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/lbracket.aspx

and

Pack-Rack

http://www.ventura-bike.com/products/packrack.aspx

The entire frame can be removed (4 nuts/bolts) in about 5 mins.

Pics transport / sports / racing mode:

sorry, no pics with the bag attached :banghead: - but it is 51 litres / 13.5 gallons)

Rear of ventura frame is mounted to bracket just near rear seat cowl / subframe that comes out from passenger seat vent.
Front of Ventura frame is bolted to passenger footpeg mounts.
When fully removed, the rear bracket is only slightly noticeable.

...sorry, I had to include the last (and best) photo of all the girls...:naughty:

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
Pierre Thanks for the luggage info but the best part was the link that led me to the website about Hwy 36. I will have to check it out, it may be possible that I've ridden it in my California daze 9-) but I will certainly need another trip down from Oregon to remember.
email to luggage locker, about the tailbag, bounced but I'll investigate tomorrow....later ...looks like they closed their doors.

Thanks again

Bill
Bill,
Sorry to see Luggage Locker close shop. Here's a tiny chunk of Highway 36: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8q6CodgmNI. It's a good 3 hours of slab from SF to Red Bluff, not sure where you are in Oregon but it's the funnest road I have been on and worth planning a 2 or 3 day ride around it.
Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I have a friend in Red Bluff who was informed, after reading the hwy 36 reports, that I would be visiting soon:mouthwate

I like the video!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts