MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys and Gals:
I have a question maybe somebody can help me.
As I was riding yesterday I was heavily accelerating when all of a sudden when I tried accelerating the bike would not respond, it wouldnt accelerate any more. I had to pull on the side of the road, the bike turned off and now it is not even turning on. It seems as if something from the accelerator has disconnected.

Any ideas, what should I be looking for?

Thanks a lot.

HR

·
Registered
822 Posts
Is there fuel in the tank? Start with the most simple thing first.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there is fuel in the tank. But yeah, the feeeling was exactly the same as when you run out of gas...i tried accelerating and it didnt do so..now its not turning on.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Realistically, it could be any number of things. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the key? Is the engine kill switch in the "run" position?

·
Registered
803 Posts
Make sure the fuel quick-disconnects didn't disengage themselves.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies!

Someguy: Engine is in run position. The fuel pump makes that distinctive sound of turning on (revs go up and come down).
Dumcomputers: Which r the fule quick-diconnects (this does not have to do with the gas fitting does it?)

·
Registered
822 Posts
BrutaleMiami said:
Thanks for your replies!

Someguy: Engine is in run position. The fuel pump makes that distinctive sound of turning on (revs go up and come down).
Dumcomputers: Which r the fule quick-diconnects (this does not have to do with the gas fitting does it?)

What dumbcomputers is reffereing to is just that, the fuel line fittings that go into the tank are plastic and are prone to break. Normally, you would smell fuel if these snapped.

I doubt your throttle cable snapped, and even if it did, the bike should still run. Does it even turn over when you thumb the starter button? If so, do you smell fuel as it trys to start? If so, you may have an ignition problem.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yes, they are the fittings which connect to the bottom of the gas tank. If something pushes the release lever on the connector the fittings will disconnect and gas will not flow to the fuel rail. Additionally, when they are disconnected gas will not leak so you can't smell it or anything. I know it's a long shot but something to look for non the less.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dont think the problem deals with the fule line fittings, because as you say there is no gas smell or leakage (I have had this problem before and this is not what this case seems to be pointing at). When I hit ignition it makes the normal ignition sound, but just doesnt turn on. I try to simultaneauosly accelerate it, and it doesnt respond, when I twist the throttle it feels the same as when u run out of gas, like a very very subttle sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just read your reply regarding the release lever. Where should I be looking at if this was the problem? underneath the tank where the fitting are?

·
Registered
803 Posts
BrutaleMiami said:
I just read your reply regarding the release lever. Where should I be looking at if this was the problem? underneath the tank where the fitting are?

Yep..If you remove the left side panel below the tank you might be able to see it with a flashlight. The best way though would be to lift the tank up a few inches and lightly thug on the fittings to make sure they are locked in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you happen to know where to find that very detailed Brutale Owners Manual. It is not the manual that comes with the bike but seems to be a service manual, that contains hundreds of pics and explanations; it is extremely detailed. I remember bumping into it online, but did not safe the website, it was a pdf file.

·
Registered
803 Posts
It's usually in "Articles" on this website but it's currently offline due to an upgrade they are working on.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Sorry for the downtime of the articles section. I have been very busy this last week!! I will be sending you a PM shortly about the workshop manual

·
Registered
522 Posts
admin said:
Sorry for the downtime of the articles section. I have been very busy this last week!! I will be sending you a PM shortly about the workshop manual
hay alvin still playing that game! :stickpoke

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello guys...
My bike is still not turning on. Yeterday, I lifted the tank and made sure that the fuel line fittings were loocked in, they were. Then I tried starting the bike it doesnt start.

What I noticed when turning the key to the on position, is that when the revs go up, it did not make the distinctive noise (I think it is the gas pump or something that turns on). What does this indicate?

I appreciate any imput. thanks

·
Registered
803 Posts
When the ignition is turned on you should hear the fuel pump turn on for about 2-3 seconds then it will turn off. You might have to put your ear near the bottom of the tank to hear it. This pressurizes the fuel rail so that the fuel injection system will work.

·
Registered
803 Posts
If you have concerns that your fuel pump isn't working, disconnect the fuel line from the fuel rail on the right side of the bike and put that end into a bucket or something then turn on the ignition. Fuel should flow out of that hose for a couple of seconds then stop.

Don't disconect the hose on the fuel rail on the left side since this is the return line. If you did this fuel will come out of the fuel rail all over your bike.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh yeah one for thing I though about....Did you check all your fuses are good and not blown?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts