MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Firstly hello everyone, as you can see this is my first post so here goes.
About 3 weeks ago i bought my wife a 750 brutale,the seller assured me the bike was genuine and in good condition apart from a dent to the left header pipe which came from a misshap when loading into a van. We traveled 250 miles to view the bike, when we arrived i couldnt believe my eyes :jsm: there wasnt a good bit in sight. The guy had only owned her since february but had used her in wet and salty conditions and never washed her :jerkoff: :nutkick: the bike was bought from a uk dealer and i was told was in mint condition when he took delivery, i felt very sorry for her and could see potential although there was alot of work to be done and money to be spent, after haggleing the already low asking price the deal was done and i relieved him of his brutale and vowed to save her life :yo:

I rode her home the 250 miles and she never missed a beat, my currant ride is a k5 1000 and i have got to say i was very impressed :shocker: i set about the work to make her great again closely over seen by my wife, we striped the compleate front and rear ends replacing fork seals, wheel bearings, pads, chain, rear disc, we have had to replace every bolt because of the salt damage, the radiator grill was red with corrosion the rear sprocket was pited, we removed the scot oiler fitted by the previous owner which had splatted oil just about everwhere :( we fitted new tyres, link pipe, carbon bits include clock housing, hugger, front fender, key surround and on order we have tail piece gold mesh, heel plates, lower chain guard and clock surround, we are still looking for some header pipes to finish her if there is anybody out there with any for sale let us know. More good news i have ordered a brand new f4 1000 in black :drummer: :drummer: :drummer: :yo: but im going to wait until the 07 reg comes out in march, i know how could i wait that long but we have a horrible winter to get out of the way and i like a challenge. sorry i will post some pics of the brutale nearly back to her former glory tomorrow as my pic res is to high to upload sorry again and i would just like to say thanks to geoff at emoto for all his help.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Star man.... nice to see a doctor in the house........... :king:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Ive got some brand new arrow header pipes......Ill sell em to you if your interested. PM me

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Let me know how much, and will they fit to the emoto link pipe i will have to convert from dollars to pounds, are they steel or ti cheers ste

·
Registered
645 Posts
they are steel and will fit the midpipe, as they are the exact same length as the stock system.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've always been a bit dubious about bikes fitted with Scott-Oilers. I know many people hold them in high regard, but I wonder: if they're going to fit something that saves you what 5 minutes of maintenance every few hundred miles, then what other regular maintenance and general upkeep are they likely to avoid?

Si

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Si the guy that owned this bike had no basic knowledge of motorcycle maintenance, the dealer fitted the scott oiler on the last service because the chain was seized (see pic) he didnt notice the corrosion which was just about everwhere until i pointed it out, the bike is 04 and has covered 3000 miles and now it looks like it should

ste

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Looking good but slacken that chain....!!!! far too tight

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very observant, the chain was fitted in a hurry to take the pics she hasnt turned a wheel yet be assured it will de rectified before the maiden voyage

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Juan said:
Looking good but slacken that chain....!!!! far too tight
Far too tight :jsm: the chain needs to be hanging down about 6mm (F4 1000 figures) measured from the bottom of the lower chainguard to the centre i.e. to the rivets that pass through the chain, they really do need to be that lose, like this.................... :) :) nice bike by the way, well saved,

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
ste a said:
Let me know how much, and will they fit to the emoto link pipe i will have to convert from dollars to pounds, are they steel or ti cheers ste
$400 USD, brand new let me know. Thanks, Rick. 239-415-1967

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
9mm for the 910 Brutes. If it is too tight, compressing the suspension will tighten things even more. Try it....lay over the seat with all your weight and feel the slack go away!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts