MV Agusta Forum banner

Absolute final, should be made a sticky SPU (cdi) thread

41K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  EBBO 
#1 ·
No more questions, here is the definitive answer on Brutale SPU part numbers. It may have been posted elsewhere, but it never hurts to suggest that it be made a sticky or put into the faq section.

If you own a Bruatale made between 2003 and 2008, it does not matter what the part number of your SPU is. There are two SPUs, and only two, which supersede every other number.

If your Brutale has a VIN ending in 100421 or lower the new part number for your SPU is 8A00A9615. If your Brutale has a VIN ending in 100422 or higher, the new part number for your SPU is 8A00A9300.

NB: It doesn't matter if you have a 750 or 910 with a VIN ending in 100422 or higher, it is the same SPU for both bikes.

You're welcome.

#35 ·
Hi Tob, I have found through bad experience with the bike that it will be worth your time to clean all the contacts (including fuses, or just put in new fuses), and protect the contacts with grease (I use dielectric grease, but others here have their own take due to the insulating nature of the grease).

These are some of my experiences:
  • No power to bike when hot - bad battery connection. Clean up battery terminals and protect with dielectric grease - Fixed
  • Bike won't start intermittently - oxidated 40Amp fuse under the seat. New fuse and smear of dielectric grease on the housing (not the fuse) - Fixed
  • Headlight dims and brighten - bad fuse, and I think it caused damage to the SPU as well. Fixed for a time.
  • Indicators - oxidated contacts in the indicator itself. Clean and dielectric grease (now replaced with LEDs with Badlands load balancer). Works perfect now.

If you look at the pins on your old SPU, you might find oxidation on them (some of mine were). So when I replaced the SPU, I also smear a bit of dielectric grease on the face of the plug (not the pins). My bike has been perfect since these measures, though I expect that with the humidity of where I live, these maintenance types measures will have to be carried out regularly to keep the electrics working.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.