·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darkside said:
so what's up?
problems or just wondering?
maybe I don't count since I have a Brutale :shitfan:
No. Nothing's wrong. I get a very slight back fire on a trailing throttle but I have a feeling that's normal.

I'm just getting close to my first service and considering the price ranges $250 basic inspection to $550 for valve inspection, I'm trying to decide which way to go.

With all my other bikes 748,996, 999 and two MV, I've never had a valve out of spec during the first service.

(and I sort of when over budget on my car addiction last month) :violin:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
No. Nothing's wrong. I get a very slight back fire on a trailing throttle but I have a feeling that's normal.

I'm just getting close to my first service and considering the price ranges $250 basic inspection to $550 for valve inspection, I'm trying to decide which way to go. :violin:
$550 for valve inspection!!! That's highway robbery. My 1st service on the F4, including valve check, oil & filter, was $356 here in Houston a couple months ago. They added an extra $60 labor because I had them do a "special" adjustment on the TPS and CO settings. I'd find a different dealer.

BTW, my valves were all in spec. I'll bet the backfire is happening around 3,100 rpm, isn't it? I get it on deceleration too, and I was told it's where the injection mapping changes.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
falcopilot said:
$550 for valve inspection!!! That's highway robbery. My 1st service on the F4, including valve check, oil & filter, was $356 here in Houston a couple months ago. They added an extra $60 labor because I had them do a "special" adjustment on the TPS and CO settings. I'd find a different dealer.
Well, I did call around and service prices from San Diego to Los Angeles to Phoenix to Tucson do vary. :)

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3552

·
Registered
822 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

If anything, that sounds more like a fueling issue or possibly an air leak into the exhaust system or at the throttle body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts