MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, as this is my first post here I would like to start off thanking everyone here for such an amazing forums and site. You all seem very informative and helpful which isn't always the case with bike forums.

So...I've been lurking about for some time and finally decided to join/post. I'm an avid motorcycle rider and mechanic and have been riding for about 8 years. Recently a close friend purchased a new 2013 MV F3 675 as another track bike. I work on the majority of bikes in our area for racers/riders as well as friends. I've rode the whole gamut of bikes in my short time and worked on almost every current and not so current fare. When my friend approached me to setup and get the F3 setup and accustomed to him I was overjoyed. As his normal trackbike is a fully setup and upgraded Daytona 675R which has a different feel over the MV moreso in the ergonomics and trail/rake I had a bit of work cutout for me.

After removing the suspension and sending it to the wonderful people at Traxxion Dynamics, I received it back with a full AK-20 gas kit and a fully rebuilt Sachs rear for his weight/riding style. After getting the bike back together we went out for a test run. I was on his 675R and he on the MV. I had the luxury of seeing just how much more complaint and stable the new setup was on an already powerful bike. Later in the day I got on my 2012 CBR1000RR and followed him around on the MV again and could already tell he was running faster times and holding better tighter lines.

Fast forward to the next day...I had the pleasure of getting on the MV and riding it hard for about 6 hours. All i can say is WOW!!!

This bike is visceral and raw and completely planted now as opposed to before. I set the trail from 98.8mm to a tighter 95.2mm which allowed a little easier turn in as well. I love the engine profile on this bike (although I haven't had a chance to reflash the new update to fix the map). I had the traction control set to the least intrusive amount and the map set to sport/aggresive. The bike yurns to be past 8k to see its full potential. At 6'2" im a little cramped on the bike not being able to slide my rear end back enough but that can be sorted through a SBK solo tail.

I absolutely love this bike and find the power and G force of torque to be more than sufficient for track/street riding and in points pulls harder than my liter bike that I currently ride on the street/track. Now I'm posed with the problem of choosing the 800 over the 675. I know the 800 will feel the same but with more power which will come in handy at the track and be a nice benefit for riding two up which I rarely do but the wife likes the occasional ride. I think I'm pretty set on an 800 in the white livery for 2014. I can't wait to head up to the dealer upstate and check it out later this month or next! The 675 just begs to be rode hard and I love a bike that rewards the rider for pushing it.

All that said to say i love the bike and will be enjoying one as my own soon enough this year and can't wait to contribute and converse will all that is MVagusta.net!

Here I am heading back in after a hard day of testing this bike.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Could you please tell us a bit more about the Traxxion Dynamics suspension changes; like, what did that cost? Do you feel it was a better value than the typical Ohlins swap-out?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As far as cost it was right at $2200. I wasn't charged labor at all due to them doing R&D on the suspension. I have gone to Traxxion in the past for suspension setup and rebuilds over ohlins due to their quality of work and how thorough they are I'm not saying that one is better than the other but when you find something that works you tend to stuck with it. I used the AK-20 Axxion kit for the front forks, had new caps installed that were 1" taller and on the rear I had the valving changed, new spring, new perch and had them dyno it out.

As far as feel it's doesn't seem fair to compare them to the standard Marz production unit. The suspension is more solid now yet very fluid feeling. The bike handles low speed compression and rebound with finesse yet still handles high speed very well. The front is more compliant in turns with the bike holding a tighter line at higher speeds now. Feedback is better in the front without the feeling of washing out.

We spent probably 2 weeks dialing in the OEM suspension even changing springs etc but still couldn't achieve the feel that we have now. Traxxion stated it was due to the factory valving being fairly low in quality on the forks.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can find the dyno sheet for the rear if people are interested in seeing the stock values vs the rebuilt ones.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice introduction post mate. Welcome onboard. I would also like to see the data from the shock.
...You liked the 675... you will get crazy with the 800, guaranteed ;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
As requested. Sorry for the quality, had to scan it in then take a pic of the screen since its a PDF. Probably have to right click and view it as a larger image.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well. I finally got an email back from a dealer in Indiana about the one I want they just received an F3 800 in white/black with ABS.

So excited..now to just get time from work in LA to head up there to get it.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1395360895.055214.jpg
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1395360908.448216.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts