MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well shop called and my new ignition box is finally in, and it will be installed Thur.:ahhh::popcorn: I will follow up on how the girl is doing once I pick her up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please let us know how it turns out.

And if I remember correctly, we use the same shop on rt 10 so I hope my replacement is in soon!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good. I am picking mine up tomorrow, ended up telling the shop I want my bike on the road. New unit the updated part no , costing me aprrox US$330 I'm happy they gave it to me at cost.

:mouthwate

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I was told when I dropped the bike off is MV has a bulletin out on this problem. Some shop might be keeping this from people as a way to make some money on shop time? Should be picking her up later today hope I can run her a while to see whats up because this weekend is going to be a wash with rain expected.

·
Registered
36 Posts
From what I was told when I dropped the bike off is MV has a bulletin out on this problem. Some shop might be keeping this from people as a way to make some money on shop time? Should be picking her up later today hope I can run her a while to see whats up because this weekend is going to be a wash with rain expected.
fingers crossed for you......:popcorn:

·
Registered
22 Posts
It's a beautiful day out there!
Any opportunity to ride after getting er back from the dealer? :popcorn:

Hope it worked out well for ya!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Got mine ,the new part is smaller and lighter. Looks like it's not encased in resin and might even be able to be dismantled to repair. Destroyed old one and it appears that the area behind the fuse that was faulty, has corrosion around the chip that it plugs into. Will take some pics today.

Happy again. :brutale:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ride from shop was good but short. Did a minny test by letting the bike idle for a few minutes to get temps up considering it was 40 deg out, left shop and hit some back roads where I could try some things and one thing that was noticeable was throttle response and smoothness of power was great. I wish it would have been hotter out which to me is the true test conditions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts