MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had my first F4 for about 400 miles now, I have realized that I will probably have to be hearing the same thing the old F4 owners have heard for almost 10 years now...

"Wow that must be a fast bike, it's got 4 exhausts!!! " :crazyeyes

At least 4 times now I have been told. That's about once every 100 miles. So that means that if put 10,000 miles on it, I would have heard this 100 times?? :wtf:

·
Registered
689 Posts
In 30,000 miles, I never heard that.

I did get a lot of "That's so beautiful. How can you ride it?" Also a few "So, that's a Suzuki engine, right?" but I haven't heard that one in several years.

The one I liked most was "Can I have my way with one of those exhaust pipes?" I told him "As long as it's not my favorite."

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

I did get a lot of "That's so beautiful. How can you ride it?" Also a few "So, that's a Suzuki engine, right?" but I haven't heard that one in several years.

The one I liked most was "Can I have my way with one of those exhaust pipes?" I told him "As long as it's not my favorite."
:laughing: .
A young boy said to his Father " look Dad 4 exhausts, that must have 4 engines!" ... :wtf: , I just walked away.

The other one is "Its Italian, does Ducati make those ?" :wtf:... :wtf:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Here is what I get: "Nice bike! What is it?"
"It's an MV Agusta"
"Cool. Who makes it?"

CAG

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
best comments so far

f4 huh????nice honda
Nice Aprilia
Agusto.......who makes that

and my all time fav from a guy on a riced out R1 with the 4 exhausts like an f4. "I like how you copied my bike" "where did you buy your exhaust":naughty:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

In 30K miles you've never heard it? You probably live in an area with a lot more motorcycle-smart people than where I live :D Yup, 4 times now for me, in less than one month. I laugh every time.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
A few people have asked me if it has the Suzuki engine:bash:

·
Registered
155 Posts
i put 500 miles on mine since christmas and all i have heard was nice bike couple times as i'm wiping the drewl off the tank, or i hear i was thinking about buying one those, then they ask me 5 second later who make this. Usaully when i go riding i don't do to much stopping just for gas, but my ducati was the worst, this is the best one, where can i buy a vented clutch cover and colored wheel (pressure plate) for my bike, i heard this alot from the jap bike riders, then there aways this one, sound like you got something wrong with the bottom end, i try to explain thats the way its suppose to sound, they still tell me you might want to have the shop look at it. i"m sure i'll hear lot more stuff on the F4 when the temperture warm up. WE have lots of people hear in the area that buy bikes just for the cool points and have no idea about them other than were the gas goes.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Usaully when i go riding i don't do to much stopping just for gas, but my ducati was the worst, this is the best one, where can i buy a vented clutch cover and colored wheel (pressure plate) for my bike, i heard this alot from the jap bike riders, then there aways this one, sound like you got something wrong with the bottom end, i try to explain thats the way its suppose to sound, they still tell me you might want to have the shop look at it.
When I got tired of those comments on my Ducati I'd start telling people, "Yeah, I know. The clutch has gone dry again. I'll check it when I get home."

·
Registered
653 Posts
So far I have been asked if it is a Ducati, does it sound like a Ducati, What new model Honda is it, Is that a naked Hayabusa, but the best was from a new BMW rider who asked me what new model BMW it was. I think I am going to start telling these kind of people that is that new Korean bike they just came out with.

·
Registered
447 Posts
that reminds me of the people that when they saw my
roadrace bikes that would say that "boy i bet those triple
jumps are scary" i got so tired of explaning the difference
disciplines of racing i would just agree and say yea we go
really high over those jumps and go on about my way

steve

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Today is a sunny day in California, we hit 80 degrees, lots of Motorbikes out.

At the gas station, about 20 minutes ago... I stop and park to get a drink... there was a group of about 7 or 8 HOG riders congregated on the other side of the station. I walk inside the store, fully geared up, helmet on... I paid for my stuff and on the way out, someone asked me:

"Are you with that biker group?"

"[ewwww] .... no" :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah here in Arizona I always am asked who makes it, is that a Ducati. It's getting better now since there are a few more around so people seem to be learning. Even when youtell them it's a MV when they ask what it is they always ask who makes it after that. Silly rabbitts Mv's are for real enthusuiasts!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Am I the only one that's been told the bike must be fast because it has four exhausts?? How can that be? I have now been told so many times??? Impossible that it's only me, for sure there has been countless others? :wtf:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts