MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just Bought Bodis Quattro Slips On + Decat for my F4 1000s. I want to know if i need an ECu replacement or not? I have a BMC Racing Air Filter too and NGK iridium plugs.

Sorry for my english if it is very basic (my language is Spanish)

Thanks

Fernando

·
Vendor
5,373 Posts
I have the full Bodis system on my bike and definately needed the race ECU at a minimum,not sure about slip-ons only.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put Bodis (with dB killers) and Microtec on an RR this past summer. The sound is visceral and provides a thrill every time the bike fires up. I was quite self conscious of the increased dB in the city at first, but grew to love it after a short time.

The weight saving of a full Bodis system vs stock exhaust is astounding.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
[

The weight saving of a full Bodis system vs stock exhaust is astounding.[/QUOTE]
How much weight?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I put Bodis (with dB killers) and Microtec on an RR this past summer. The sound is visceral and provides a thrill every time the bike fires up. I was quite self conscious of the increased dB in the city at first, but grew to love it after a short time.

The weight saving of a full Bodis system vs stock exhaust is astounding.
How much power HP did you gain?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Welcome Fernando... Good to know my first Argentinian MV Agusta owner. The difference in weight is as follows:

Weight Original vs. Bodis Slip-On (6,74 kg 2,99 kg)

My best... Alex

·
Registered
860 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to everyone for the answers.

I just bought an Eprom from England. Let see.

Gracias a quienes me respondieron en Español..realmente me resulta mucho mas simple leer y responder.

Ya veremos cuando los instale...

Gracias

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Today i installed them. Wow they sound awesome and very loud. They are simple and Looks great.
I changed the eprom too.

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Enjoy. Love mine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well... Today i went to the road..
Could it be that bodis makes Engine run hotter?
After driving 15 minutes when i stop for gas i saw oil pressure Light going on/off atención idle (1100/1200 rpm). If i gas to 1300rpm it remains off. It happens only atención idle when Hot (on/off ciclical).
My oli is at max level and is Motul 300v 15w50 (here in argentina there is only Motul 7100 información de w60).
I returned to original eprom and same things happens.
Air temp is at around 30 C.

I must check oil pressure by gauge..but i must get it first....so while i wait i question here....

Thanks.

Sorry for my english...very basic.

Fernando

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Water temp running in open road....65/80 C.
Water temp in slow traffic 88/100 C.

Oil fliter Hi Flo

Oil has 500 km after change.
Oil pressure switch seems not leaking.

Cold (until 100c) not problem with light ...only then...

Thanks

·
Vendor
5,373 Posts
I don't really think the Bodis is causing a problem,your coolant temp is normal.You need to check your oil pressure with a master gauge at idle and at revs.That will tell you if your oil pressure switch is faulty or not.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Yea, it might run leaner and becoming hotter. But the temperatures you are mentioning are quite normal...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Things get worse.

Today i said...must be a stupid thing... I went to road....no more than 6/7 k rpm... After 15/20 minutes i stoped and bike stalls.

After stalling i traied to start again but it seems to be out of battery.

Battery had 11.6v. When push start button it goes todo 4.5v... I carried the bike in a truck to home.
I charged battery and the bike sounds awfull and stalls información seconds.
The sound is like a spark without fuel.

Im with stock eprom and bodis...nothing more.

Sad...
Waiting for my mechanic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts