MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i got the big service done, after 25k the valves still didn`t need adjusting. Also got the injectors cleaned, changed fuel lines inside and out with filter, cleaned the throttle bodies, lubed all cables etc etc....

Gona do the suspension and linkages next, but, before i continue with that, i thought i would dyno the bike once more, just for laughs!

I took with me the Chinese injectors i bought just for spare, first run was a warm up, and then i changed the injectors, absolutely no change, they worked just as the OEM Magneti Marellis, pretty good for a 65 euro for a set of four :)

Next i took of the extra earth cable that i put on the TPS connector A wire, the low down response and roll on figures collapsed, alltough the bike still remained idling normally. Attached it back, and god forbid, it even sounded crisper and pulled a really clean smooth line.

I strongly believe that most of the PC3 troubles with these bikes come from the unstable TPS signal the PC3 recieves, the maps just go haywire!! And ad to the fact the signal only jumps when the bike really heats up. Dont forget to lockwire the PC3 connector to oem injector connector, they will also cause uneven running because of the poor connection!!

Also dont use the crimp connector that comes with the PC3, buy a new TPS connector, and solder the extra wires on there.

Last i put the OEM injectors on, and synced the TB`s.

- Idle screw set so that the butterflies open 417mv at idle, that gives 1380rpm confirmed idle
- Injectors can be found at Ebay from Junri injector

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
So why use a PC3?

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
So you have Merc07 cut you a chip that solves all of the issues.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I allready have one, but not keen to change chips everytime the weather changes. Now i have three good maps, one for all riding conditions, i just choose the best for the weather.

I find it easier to fine tune the PC, than try different chips.

·
Super Moderator
21,442 Posts
Excellent.

·
Registered
14,212 Posts
?

I allready have one, but not keen to change chips everytime the weather changes. Now i have three good maps, one for all riding conditions, i just choose the best for the weather.

I find it easier to fine tune the PC, than try different chips.
ViggenF4;
You have sensor/sensor connection problem
The ECU reads atmospheric pressure/relative air density and ambient air temp ......that's weather

My jet block for 1 carburetor.....with homemade idle jets, stockthey're pressed in
stock timing 4° I'm at 15.5° initial, max 65.5° on a trailing throttle ~2,600 rpm
As measured by the State referee produces 4.5% of what pollution is allowed
Done with my ass dyno and a vacuum gauge........now I have lambda mmeters:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sensors are new and work ok. Its just that its not 100% perfect in all weathers without different maps. Its ridable with one map, but it was not good enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts