MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I have just fitted ABM (booster) 0429 bend handlebars to my 14 1090r and they are much better than the standard bars.
I found the standard ones to be too narrow which required a more precise input when riding as they were only 707mm wide so I measured my girlfriends KTM 390 bars which I liked and they are 750mm wide the same as the ABM 0429, I did not want to use the rizoma which although are 740mm wide because they are too low for me.
I liked the height of the standard bars and the ABM are only a little bit lower but the pullback is more comfortable as well, they come in different configurations but the 0429 bend is the highest and they will fit the clamp system on the 1090 even though they are a tad fatter at 28.5mm, I had to drill 2 locating holes for the electric starter switch and the headlight- indicator switch.
They come in black, silver, or gold colors and I also bought some narrow ABM bar ends to fit them and for the information of Australian buyers I purchased the bars from AuSFR for $99 reduced from $139. I hated the original bars but I like these a lot.

mvaussie is online now Report Post *

·
Super Moderator
21,404 Posts
We all want to see!

xscuseless.gif

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
you can see them on different bikes at ( ausfr.com.au ) they are called fatbar- boosterbars and also at ( www.bikermart.co.uk abm comfort kit ) for lots more info.
The wider width 0429 now makes it easier to steer it and to throw it around and is comfortable.
They also make a lower 0439 version.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Fluked those 2 from a total of 8 photos but unfortunately I cant replicate the feat for the other remaining pics.
Anyone got a link for posting pics?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Fluked those 2 from a total of 8 photos but unfortunately I cant replicate the feat for the other remaining pics.
Anyone got a link for posting pics?
What computer are you using ?

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
HP TouchSmart 520 desktop and photos taken by Ipad.
Yup, iPad and Apple devices do that "turn shit on it's side thing" .
You can open the picture on your PC and rotate to suit, and make smaller or edit if you need to.
or
Drop and drag directly onto Forum and I can rotate it for you mate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts