MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here, was wondering if anyone could confirm if the brutale adaptor kit is ok for the dragster rr...abba website doesn't list one specifically .....cheers

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think they should be ok for the dragster, I had one for brutale but I didn't think it lifted the bike high enough unless I put it on a certain part of the ground, it dragged the back wheel when cleaning/lubing the chain, I phoned abba about it and they denied there was a problem but I think Ackers had a similar issue with his brutale as well when using the stand.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ABBA told me the fitting kit is the same for all recent MV. Fits my Turismo but needs a 30mm sheet of MDF under the stand for the back wheel to clear the floor. Should be fine as is for a Dragster.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Yep on the Brutale 800 and I suspect the dragster too you need a piece of board under the stand to lift the back wheel up off the floor, on a new tyre that is, once it's been flat spotted a bit they're OK.

Same issue with my Stradale. The Abba kit is for the B4 Brutale but fit the 3 cylinder range but the swing arm pivot point on the 3 cylinders is higher than the B4's that's why it won't quite lift the wheel off the floor. Abba are aware of this but don't mention it ;)

You also might find you need to use a needle file on the inside of the sleeve that fits over the bolt head as its a tight fit?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey there ... I just checked on the fitting kit (going from CB1300) to a Stadale and it shows this:

Fitting Kit for MV Brutale 55.00 1 55.00
MV V1 Hub Spindle for MV Brutale 45.00 1 45.00

Is the MV V1 hub thingy needed?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts