MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'd like to thank Brian (Blavenia) for deciding not to purchase my 750 Senna.

Second, I'd like to thank B42day for helping me realize the true value of said Senna and not parting with it for a couple of Rubles (sp?)

And last, but certainly not least, I'd like to thank my beautiful wife for recognizing and tolerating my obsession.

Yesterday, I'd like to announce the delivery of my third child. Happy B-day to me! So long Bandit...it was good while it lasted!

Attachments

·
Registered
798 Posts
drmasis,
congratulations!!!
I an VERY happy you did not part with the Senna.
And that Brutale kills!
Red/Black is the best Brute color combo, but then again I am biased.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Anthony..I was having the pre-winter blues and needed a quick pick-me-up! I never thought a stock exhaust could sound so sweet.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the good wishes. The thought of getting rid of the Senna was killing me as I was considering trading it in for the biposto 1000R. So when we went downtown to look at the R, it was the Mrs. who said I'd be crazy to get rid of the Senna and suggested trading in the Zook for the Brute instead. Who am I to argue with a sensible woman...she never was enthusiastic about stints on the Bandit!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Bandit for a Brutale :bandit: I'd be all in.

The red frame looks so good, it kinda makes me wish my R had a red frame. Congrats, great looking bike, I know you'll love riding the Brute.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Holy cow, you have an Oro too? That's THE bike. That's my most desireable MV, even with it's early model problems, if you can call them that.

Can you tell us a story about it? Why did you get it, when, how do you like it?

BTW, congrats on the Brutale. Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Dr. Masis...great choice, congratulations...we have spoken before..I am the pilot who was based in Jersey last year...we talked about me buying a tailsection from you...remember? Unless people pay what these bike ARE worth they should not sell!!!! I am up to three bikes!!!!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Masis: You can't believe how happy I am that you're happy! :)

I think it's great that you decided to keep your bike, and I like to think we had some great conversations about it.

I just really want a 1000, as discussed.

B42Day, we've crossed paths a few times as well, and it's not the buyers you should be upset with or the sellers parting with their bikes lower than you think they should. It's the dealers you should contact if you're really upset about the prices. When they offer new 2005 S models for $17K, it's really the dealer hurting the values more than anything else.

You can't blame anyone for looking for the best price, and if you can get it on a new bike, you can't beat that!

DrMasis's bike looks phenomenal. Especially his Oro, but I want a 1000.

Masis, your new Brute is beautiful. Use it safely, and enjoy it to its fullest.

Best wishes to all.

b

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh, and in case anyone doesn't know and since I was brought up specifically, I never even made an offer on masis' bike. Just didn't want a 10K mile 750. I don't know where the Rubles (sp?) came from, but I simply didn't want the bike.

Always wishing him the best, and happy that he's got his 3rd baby! Just please don't influence people into thinking I lowballed you, because that's not me and it didn't happen. We both should make that clear.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brian...Sorry, I didn't mean to suggest that you made an offer, just that you were interested. Any way you slice it, 750, 910 or 1000, you can't go wrong. Andy, I 'll get that story to you later as I've gotta run...

·
Registered
617 Posts
Cool Beans Masis! I love the Brut as well! You have a great collection. Just be safe up there in Jersey!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks John...I just took it out for a little spin and I'm not sure what to think of it yet. It's extremely compact. I feel like I'm riding a bicycle with an outrageous motor. Andy, I could probably write a few pages explaining my reason for purchasing the Oro. The short story is, I dabbled in the stock market, not being adequately trained to do so, and had my ass handed to me like many others in March 2000. I decided that if I was going to speculate, why not purchase something I'm very familiar with, something that I can feel, see, touch...ride! So I purchased the Oro in October 01 with just 600 miles on her from a collector in PA with the intention of using it periodically and selling it for my girl's education, if necessary. I have to say, there's something very special about the Oro. The 25 lb weight difference can be noticed immediately. It just feels different to ride, I can't put my finger on what it is exactly except to say I love to take it out occasionally.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts