MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Let me tell you what happens last monday.

I was, with some friend, in Auvergne (France) for a five days ride with my 910S. On the last day, going back home, we were under a hard rainy sky.

After 100 kms, on a wet, bumpy road and on straight line I brake just a little and... boum, I went down.I slide on about 30 meters and I stop against a parked car. Fortunately and thanks to my equipment, I only have a painfull shoulder but without broken bone or burned skin.

My brutale seems more sick than I. She loose oil so she always there in France. I wait for my inssurance to bring them back to my garage.

Sad story, but without to much injuries !!

So please, ALWAYS ride with adapted gears !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
:bawling:

At least you came out okay, although with a possible broken heart. Good to always wear the proper gear.

Wish the best for your MV's outcome. Keep us posted

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
OH NO!! Olive.... :bawling: :cry: :bawling: :cry: I am so sorry that this happened!

Glad that you are ok, how is the shoulder now? did you sprain or tear anything? you know best since you are an orthopedic surgeon.

Poor bike... sounds like the engine case is cracked hence the oil leak? and ouch, the frame!

it's okay, the bike is repairable/replacable and it's much harder to fix human, and you are right, protective gear is a must and I am glad that your gear protected you, I always wear full leathers. BTW did your beautiful newly painted helmet get scratched?

please keep us posted, hope you feel better & get your bike home soon.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
On the topic of the helmet, what kind of helmet is it (beneath the beautiful custom artowrk on it)? Carbon, mmmmm

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Noooo............ :bawling: :bash:

I'm sorry to hear about this Olive, but the important thing it that you're fine :)

Now fix the Brutale and add some nice carbon :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Olive, sorry to see this but am glad you are okay and I hope your shoulder heals quickly. I was caught in very heavy rain ( visability 20-30 metres max) a couple of weeks ago and was seriously worried and very thankful (even more so after reading this thread) that I made it home without something like this...or being rear ended.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Sad to hear. Good luck with your insurance and fixing the bike.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Olive,

Glad your OK. Bike will be on the mend; only needs $.

Wet roads scare me. Oils come to surface to screw us.

Peter

·
Registered
798 Posts
Olive, sorry this happened to you. As others have said, the important thing is that you are ok. Good thing you were wearing protective gear.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Sad to read this... but it´s important that you are ok!
The Brutale is repaired soon :smoking:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hey Olive, Glad to hear your ok, you can always fix the bike.

Did You have the metal frame sliders or are those frame plugs?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Good to hear you are ok. The bike can be fixed.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sucks bigtime!

Hope you get your bike fixed soon.

Take care.

·
Registered
312 Posts
good thing you came out ok
sorry i cannot sell you my spare pieces any more since i exchanged them for my racing leater gear

·
Registered
878 Posts
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Good thing is that you are ok, and it was at the end of your trip....not at the start.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts