MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there folks.....Brute Al here...and as the title suggests, i'm back in the Brutale fold.
Goin back to 2008 i had a new 1078RR when they first came out in the UK. Kept it totally standard (apart from Rizoma mirrors) but after 2 years, a cross between not gettin on with the abrupt/snatchy throttle and the itch for a different bike....i sold it....
SO.... ever since i've kinda regretted sellin it....so for quite a while i've been lookin for another....and it had to be another 1078, cos they're the best...right?:smoking:
But this time the job needed doin proper......
I contacted Chris at X Bikes asking him if he could possibly find me a full titanium MV Corse system to go with a Microtec ECU... He said he'd give it a go...but basically not to lose any sleep....
After a few more weeks eventually the right bike turned up for sale...a 2009 pearl white one, standard apart from tail tidy and indicators, with only 2750m....
The problem was i didn't want to buy the bike without getting the right system...(don't like the stubby 4:1's) so back to Chris to see if he had heard anything ... at the same time hoping the bike hadn't sold...
A few days later Chris contacted me to say he'd located a correct system (in Morocco ! ) I gave him the go ahead and i then bought the bike (luckily before anyone else did!)
Fast forward now a few more weeks and the bike has been to X Bikes for the system and Microtec ECU fitted, Dyno tuned, road tested and now returned to me....
What can i say... the bike is a total WEAPON...! I want to take the opportunity to thank Chris for all the work done ....he is truly The King Guru for MV's !
Here's the Dyno Sheet n a coupla pics,,,

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Nice, looks utterly mint and those headers are a work of art :mouthwate

Hope it rides as well as the dyno graphs suggest.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hi there folks.....Brute Al here...and as the title suggests, i'm back in the Brutale fold.
Goin back to 2008 i had a new 1078RR when they first came out in the UK. Kept it totally standard (apart from Rizoma mirrors) but after 2 years, a cross between not gettin on with the abrupt/snatchy throttle and the itch for a different bike....i sold it....
SO.... ever since i've kinda regretted sellin it....so for quite a while i've been lookin for another....and it had to be another 1078, cos they're the best...right?:smoking:
But this time the job needed doin proper......
I contacted Chris at X Bikes asking him if he could possibly find me a full titanium MV Corse system to go with a Microtec ECU... He said he'd give it a go...but basically not to lose any sleep....
After a few more weeks eventually the right bike turned up for sale...a 2009 pearl white one, standard apart from tail tidy and indicators, with only 2750m....
The problem was i didn't want to buy the bike without getting the right system...(don't like the stubby 4:1's) so back to Chris to see if he had heard anything ... at the same time hoping the bike hadn't sold...
A few days later Chris contacted me to say he'd located a correct system (in Morocco ! ) I gave him the go ahead and i then bought the bike (luckily before anyone else did!)
Fast forward now a few more weeks and the bike has been to X Bikes for the system and Microtec ECU fitted, Dyno tuned, road tested and now returned to me....
What can i say... the bike is a total WEAPON...! I want to take the opportunity to thank Chris for all the work done ....he is truly The King Guru for MV's !
Here's the Dyno Sheet n a coupla pics,,,
Very nice Al, awesome bike made more awesome.:mouthwate

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Now they are true figures ,my 1078rr puts out the same.and smooth as silk ,Chris knows his stuff ,you did the correct thing.

cheers eddy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts