MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
odonata said:
Nice clip! thanks for posting. it looked like a rare and beautifully sunny day there :laughing:

Was that a tricycle you passed? :wtf:

Thanks!
No, I doctored the film. :eek: The tricycle actually passed me. :laughing:

I've told you guys before, the sun does shine here too (sometimes). :later:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Yeah I noticed that too. :green: The screw holding the camera steady must have worked loose. I must say I have great respect for Pete (Velocemoto) he makes it look easy and effortless which couldn't be further from the truth. :king:

Just my ham fisted effort at screwing a camera to the side of the bike, but it was a bit of fun and I hope you enjoyed it. :)

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
odonata said:
Nice clip! thanks for posting. it looked like a rare and beautifully sunny day there :laughing:

Was that a tricycle you passed? :wtf:

Thanks!
it was a bike with a trailer, just watched it again...

did you have your "heart stopping moment" on this route? the pavement looks bumpy and coarse in certain sections...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
No Ben, the corner I nearly lost it on was not shown on the video. If you look at the last 30 seconds or so however you will see a dickhead in a silver Volvo car coming the opposite direction who clearly has no idea of the width of his vehicle. The tw*t was almost on my side of the road as he passed me! :shocker:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
No Ben, the corner I nearly lost it on was not shown on the video. If you look at the last 30 seconds or so however you will see a dickhead in a silver Volvo car coming the opposite direction who clearly has no idea of the width of his vehicle. The tw*t was almost on my side of the road as he passed me! :shocker:
Yes I did notice that... He seemd very close to you but I wasn't sure because of the tunnel vision POV of your camera and everything is in on the opposite side of the road.

Those country roads are scary! when I go visit my in-laws in Lincoln Mass., those narrow roads weave through the woods , no dividers, no guard rails, no street lights at night, sometimes not even lines in the middle of the road dividing the oppsite directions of traffic, and people go way too fast in their cars, not to mention the deers and other animal that wonders into the road...

I am too much of a chicken, I rather take it to the track where I can be more relaxed... but then again I split L.A. freeway traffic daily :loser: I guess it's just what you are used to.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
No, Pigiolino and yourself are 100% correct. Keep fast riding for the track. I wouldn't call my road riding fast, more "spirited" perhaps, but you can't anticipate what the other guy will do, you can only allow for a stupid move as best you can. We all have experienced the myopic car driver turning out onto the highway right across your path.

There is a case in our local paper this week, two 15 year old joyriders in a stolen car, overtaking on the brow of a hill, wiped out not just themselves but some poor innocent bloke in a van on his way home from work coming in the opposite direction.

It's at times like that I think my current signature motto is quite apt. :shocker:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
john said:
No, Pigiolino and yourself are 100% correct. Keep fast riding for the track. I wouldn't call my road riding fast, more "spirited" perhaps, but you can't anticipate what the other guy will do, you can only allow for a stupid move as best you can. We all have experienced the myopic car driver turning out onto the highway right across your path.

There is a case in our local paper this week, two 15 year old joyriders in a stolen car, overtaking on the brow of a hill, wiped out not just themselves but some poor innocent bloke in a van on his way home from work coming in the opposite direction.

It's at times like that I think my current signature motto is quite apt. :shocker:
no, certainly, you were NOT going too fast...

Lots of city folks going to visit the country side have sleepless nights because it's too quite... :laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts