1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you guys think I would leave out the other Italian beauty from the video making??? Come on...give me some credit. The MV will be soon...stay tuned.

I will be taking the F430 to the track sometime soon. I'm waiting for the Ferrari Club of America Desert Region's track days up in Phoenix...I'll get some video of that too. Also, my wife is sending me to the 4-day Bondurant Grand Prix Racing School in October with the 3-day Advanced Road Racing Course to follow (birthday present). Should be fun!

Steve

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Good vid Steve. I thought the sound quality was suprisingly good too. I can't wait to see (and hear) your Corse in action. :smoking:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Where is that location? I keep thinking it looked like the road by the Scottsdale Ferrari Dealership off of Galvin Parkway but the moutains aren't right. Is that in Tucson?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
sgcullen said:
Not this time! In fact, I got bitched out by a couple of old dudes in my neighborhood just after shooting this. Guess I need to take it easy around here!
:laughing: ...Nah, they just got their panties in a bunch because their horse is not prancing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Allan Gibbs said:
Where is that location? I keep thinking it looked like the road by the Scottsdale Ferrari Dealership off of Galvin Parkway but the moutains aren't right. Is that in Tucson?
I took the video in my neighborhood. We live in Oro Valley off of Rancho Vistoso. I'm going to have to go elsewhere since the little shouting match with the neighbors though...more to come once I find a suitable location (including some MV stuff).

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I think I know where you are given the mountain view and the setting... All I knew was that you're in Oro Valley. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Funny about neighborhoods. We were sitting at Archille's place one day when this Bentley rolls by with this probably 40 something lady that looks like a show dancer or something like that, with about a 5 year old kid standing on the seat in front of her at the wheel... Now that's something I find objectionable! Not running a Ferrari around the neighborhood...

Have fun at Bondurant. I've been thinking about doing that with my dad or something, but I suck at driving cars. They do everything wrong when they get loose. I understand what a bike does when it gets loose :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
sgcullen, OV? No way, I just moved from there. I in fact lived in Rancho Vistoso! Small world eh? :laughing: Sweet ride, and watch out for cyclists and the umbrella lady on Oracle. :stickpoke

·
Registered
47 Posts
acruhl, if you want an easy way to learn how to drive your car fast, I suggest going to an SCCA autocross event. All you need to bring is a car and a helmet (you do have one, right?) There are typically three events per month around the tucson area, usually on sunday. One is in Phoenix just off of I-10, one is on the airfield at Ft. Huachuca, and one is at TRP. I used to go and have a blast in my camaro. The only thing you wil run into is cones, and you just may destroy a set of tires. (Kumhos are sticky and cheap) :toothless

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I know. I have a friend who autocrossed, was pretty good at it. There are fast dudes who do that who nobody ever hears about, but they could probably really go fast in a roadrace series.

Being a guy who hangs around the racetrack a lot, I've driven some cars around the track.

I just don't get it. I mean, I'm sure I could learn, but I'm not sure if I want to since it's not really doing much for me anyway. When a bike pushes the front, I know what to do instinctively. I can steer with the throttle, etc. I get all of that. In a car, it just feels all wrong.

It might be cool to go to a school with open wheel cars just for the fun of it though. My dad talks about it once in a while, so it would be one of those types of deals. I'd probably never do it myself.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts