MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the second ride of the year, a screw spun up my Rear hub. This is a screw that has not been touched since the bike left Varese in 2011.
It first rubbed onto the gasket that held the hub in place. Before continuing on the main part of the rear hub. I also need a new Speed ​​sensor and a rear brake support.
My recommendation is to add a new locktite when you have service on your Rear hub. Had I done this the problem had been avoided. Now I'm sitting with a bill of about $ 900.

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is the hub the same for all bikes
I think there is a difference between MY10 hub and the previous ones. But I think they can be used on all bikes. The one who came after 2010 should be a little better quality I think. But the problem I have would not have been avoided regardless of the quality of the hub.

·
Vendor
5,335 Posts
The spacer between the sprocket carrier and hub is different on early and late hubs and the bearing set-up also.
My hub will fit all models.I just supply a new spacer for 2010 on models.

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
I think there is a difference between MY10 hub and the previous ones. But I think they can be used on all bikes. The one who came after 2010 should be a little better quality I think. But the problem I have would not have been avoided regardless of the quality of the hub.
I was asking because if someone has one laying around they might be able to get you one

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

I was asking because if someone has one laying around they might be able to get you one
910BrutaleHydrogen;
I have a clean '10 + hub/axle/brake assembly with sensor, I'll keep the brake disc and toss the sprocket (worn some)
to save on postage
PM me, we'll talk
:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
910BrutaleHydrogen;
I have a clean '10 + hub/axle/brake assembly with sensor, I'll keep the brake disc and toss the sprocket (worn some)
to save on postage
PM me, we'll talk
I need a response from you Noel. Season is short. So I have to make a decision on what to buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts