MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what kind of gas milage people are experiencing. While not a worry, I do find it interesting that after 450 miles, I'm averaging about 16 miles per gallon - all city driving, sometimes aggressively, often not.

Any comments on your milage would be interesting and helpful - for example - did milage improve after breakin?

thanks!

tim

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
spalding12 said:
i've never heard of a bike getting 16mpg.... even when the gas tank is leaking :conveyer:
rich or not..... that doesn't sound right at all
You are entering the world of Italian bikes my friend....anything is possible, and such low mpg's indeed have been reported. These bikes can really suck the gas when not tuned right.

You will never see "good" gas mileage.....economy bikes these are not!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
hmmmmm
well...
i won't be taking this bike on any 2,000 miles trips (like i have several times with my larger tanked/45 mpg bmws) so, i guess it doesn't matter. of course... i've been SPOILED by having an accurate fuel gauge all these years.... and THAT is something i don't like about the Brutale.....
however, everytime i hear the motor "sing" like Luciano Pavarotti i'm sure i'll get over it pretty quickly :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
I think the light came on somewhere in the 60's of km for me once. had the first service and wanted to hear what the 10's + felt like. lots of urban hell in first. !!!
:eek:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
16 mpg does sound very low. I know a US gallon is less than an Imperial gallon but even so I get between 130 - 170 miles per tank of fuel on my F4 depending on how much I wring it's neck of course. I would have thought anything less than 20 mpg would be worrying.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
john said:
I would have thought anything less than 20 mpg would be worrying.
Yes it is! This bike needs help.
Overly rich bikes cause major problems down the road. Oil gets washed off cylinder walls causing heavy wear on the rings, gas can dilute the oil wearing out everything else!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the input

My bike is a 910R, and I live in San Francisco. Also, do you use the enricher when you start the bike, as I don't need to, which may also suggest a rich condition. With the cat in the exhaust, I don't believe I'll see the usual signs of an over-rich set up, as the exhaust looks fine.

Off to the dealer for help!

tim

·
Registered
261 Posts
timmp said:
My bike is a 910R, and I live in San Francisco. Also, do you use the enricher when you start the bike, as I don't need to, which may also suggest a rich condition. With the cat in the exhaust, I don't believe I'll see the usual signs of an over-rich set up, as the exhaust looks fine.

Off to the dealer for help!

tim
Speaking of chokes, you may want to see if it is on somehow causing it to be continuously rich. 16 mpg is way out of wack. I get 28-31 mpg with the midpipe and thats when I am flogging it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
airfuel said:
It's just a high idle device.....doesn't enrichen a thing....same as you twisting the throttle a little. Bike needs the CO set with a sniffer in the tail.(to start with)
It definetly needs something sniffing its tail, thats just not right.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts