MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ozboy and I went scouting for good places to take shots today. The weather was perfect - it's just a pity my camera skills were a bit off today. I was trying to be too fancy. Anyway, I thought you might all like a look...

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
And some more...

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
indeed a nice day.... sure is pretty out there....!

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
C'mon over Col, you've only got say, 1 month before the weather starts to turn bad-ish. :naughty: OK, I know the house is sucking up your funds,damn.

BTW what happened to Nick? Did he end up comin over? :popcorn:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Photos look good to me, bright and very blue, we are still waiting for the Summer to arrive.

Love the MV but what's that big black thing with the huge wheelbase doing there ?

Just kidding but what a contrast in two wheel transport. I had a K1100LT a few years ago and should have kept it !

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
are these HDR photos as well? They look it to me..
Yep, that's right. Obviously my technique and software skills need some tweaking.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Yep, that's right. Obviously my technique and software skills need some tweaking.

Nope they look great, but I just know you cant get the detail from the water, and the reflection on the bike when the sun is behind it like in the pictures. :laughing:

I am curious though do you carry a tripod with you when you take these pictures?

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope they look great, but I just know you cant get the detail from the water, and the reflection on the bike when the sun is behind it like in the pictures. :laughing:

I am curious though do you carry a tripod with you when you take these pictures?
They still look a little unnatural to me. I just have to keep learning!

I didn't carry a tripod for these - I used a Vibration Reduction lens instead. It definitely would have helped, though. Even though I was really careful, some shots were unusable because I didn't have a steady-enough hand.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
They still look a little unnatural to me. I just have to keep learning!

I didn't carry a tripod for these - I used a Vibration Reduction lens instead. It definitely would have helped, though. Even though I was really careful, some shots were unusable because I didn't have a steady-enough hand.
From what I can tell all HDR is going to look unnatural as a picture. We have trained ourselves when we see a photo that it can not have the dynamic range that we visually see. When we view an HDR photo, we see it as more of what we actually see or as a painting. In the end as long as your unhappy with them you will continue to play with them. But I think they look good!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
593 Posts
beautifull pictures I wish we had some nice weather i am going insane here my bike has been in my livingroom for about 5 months :(

·
Registered
890 Posts
G'day for 2 big bikes to go for a ride!

I kinda like that K1200S but it doesn't seem like a bike that you need to work
hard to ride it faster than usual. There are lots of electronic limitations that I
wasn't expecting. For the same money, I much prefer the F4 1000R.

Anyway, didn't mean to interrupt this thread.:)

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
G'day for 2 big bikes to go for a ride!

I kinda like that K1200S but it doesn't seem like a bike that you need to work
hard to ride it faster than usual. There are lots of electronic limitations that I
wasn't expecting. For the same money, I much prefer the F4 1000R.

Anyway, didn't mean to interrupt this thread.:)
Lots of electronics, but no limitations that I've noticed. It's kind of nice to have a bike's problems cured by a simple software update, and about the only things the K1200S doesn't do better than the Brutale is turn corners and have a scalpel-like clutch (as in precise). It still turns corners VERY well though. Oh, and I won't try and say that they look better. There's no doubt that the MVs have the edge there!

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's Perth gazzer996. Come on down and visit!

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
John: I'm equally qualified to advise you on brain surgery as I am on photography, but are'nt you supposed to shoot the bike with the sun at your back? :shitfan:

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John: I'm equally qualified to advise you on brain surgery as I am on photography, but are'nt you supposed to shoot the bike with the sun at your back? :shitfan:
You are absolutely right! I'm afraid that most of those shots were dictated by the location and the time of day - plus I wanted to see how HDR would stack up in those conditions. Not the best it would seem! :)

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

No tripod Dov, just a steady stance.

And a couple of plain pics from me.

Anyone notice the ghost of the cyclist on the left of one photo?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts