MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a 2010 f4. 30 miles in the dash dies. Now when I turn the key the radiator fan comes on and that's it. no crank no vroom vroom. Dealer is stumped. Any productive thoughts?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Need more info.
At first glance, it would appear the battery is below minimum required voltage. This seems too simple for a dealer to miss it though...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was driving along and the display went off. The alarm light was blinking. It continued to run for another 10 miles while I was heading back to the dealer. I got off the ramp shifted to second and when I let the clutch out the bike engine stopped and the fan kicked on. I turned it on and off a bunch of times but when I turn the key back to the on position the fan comes on and that's it. The LCD remains blank and the alarm light continues to blink. The start button doesn't do a thing and neither does any of the other buttons. Hopefully we can get some help here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
371 Posts
I was driving along and the display went off. The alarm light was blinking. It continued to run for another 10 miles while I was heading back to the dealer. I got off the ramp shifted to second and when I let the clutch out the bike engine stopped and the fan kicked on. I turned it on and off a bunch of times but when I turn the key back to the on position the fan comes on and that's it. The LCD remains blank and the alarm light continues to blink. The start button doesn't do a thing and neither does any of the other buttons. Hopefully we can get some help here.

Thanks!
It seems like electrical issue. One of socket might be malfunction. You need to have you dealer check thoroughly. It is still under warranty, right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I've had it for 3 days. But while it's under warranty it doesn't do anything if the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. They tell me mv is really hard to get a hold of. I was just curious to see if someone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'd make sure it's not the battery or a fuse.

ask Iamlance I know he blew a fuse on his, but I forgot what all his symptoms were.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah I've had it for 3 days. But while it's under warranty it doesn't do anything if the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. They tell me mv is really hard to get a hold of. I was just curious to see if someone else had this problem and what they did to fix it.
Hi Cal. Does your dealer official MV Agusta ? They should know how to fix. Ask them to focus how come the dash dies. It just a matter replace broken part with new part. As long not engine problem, it should not complicated.

Can i put your matter in f4 problem thread? I just found out that compare with rsv, s1000rr, MV has a lot of problem with their brand new f4. It doesn t means to bad mouth new F4. I am one of th owner and like this model bike so much.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40932

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Check the earthing points.

ie battery earth and particularly the two little earth straps up by the ecu.

My F4 2007 was giving this symptom when I hooked up the earth leads the wrong side of the rubber ecu mounts.

hope u fix it

joe

·
Vendor
5,339 Posts
Just a guess with limited info,main engine fuse or faulty relay,Mitch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The shop is closed until Tuesday. I'll stop by and check the fuses and suggest to them to check the relays. (I really doubt the shop missed that but it's worth a look anyway)

Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
That sounds similar to what happened when the tail license plate light shorted out due to the heat from the exhaust. (Note that it was aftermarket wiring for a new light set, my fault.) Discounted the tail lights and replaced the fuse and all was well, but that was after I paid the dealer to tell me where the short was.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to the dealer today, and gave them your ideas. They say they already checked the fuses/relays. They are waiting to hear back from MV they should know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
When I look at the service guys get from dealers..I understand how a dog feels when his owner doesn't get it that he doesn't want to sit up and beg..It's not that the doggie doesn't understand..He just is thinking different things to the man cub..ie he doesn't give a fcuk

Don't the dealer have no spare latch relay, fuses..Haven't they got a multimeter and a tech wot knows how to use it ...

joe

·
Registered
862 Posts
damn this sucks.

the problem is with american culture as well. we all know there are few business in this country that take responsibility and PRIDE in what it is they are supposed to do, and what they do on a daily basis.

It really pisses me off how small problems turn into epic fiasco's because companies won't take the initiative to fix things from the start.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
damn this sucks.

the problem is with american culture as well. we all know there are few business in this country that take responsibility and PRIDE in what it is they are supposed to do, and what they do on a daily basis.

It really pisses me off how small problems turn into epic fiasco's because companies won't take the initiative to fix things from the start.
+1. Could not agree more!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think this is (as has been posted) a low battery voltage thing, either the battery is U/S or the alternator charge is not getting to the battery.

The ecu is getting very low volts and hence does odd stuff like turning the fans on, hopefully the low volts will not have dome any harm

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Has similar on my brutale , the attached the poles wrong on baterry in the garage , because of that a fuse was blown.
I rode till the battery was empty it then had your bikes symptons :(
Hope your bike gets fast fixed :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Had this problem on our F4 MY10. It turned out to be a combination of a bad battery and starter relay. It would crank once and reset the dash. This was when the bike was just out of the dealer's door.

First changed the battery, it worked a while then would not crank but for 1 crank. Used a screw driver and shorted the starter relay terminals and the bike started. Replaced the relay and it is fine till now. FYI the relay is situated under the seat just aft of the battery. Square box thingy with fuses on top. Check those fuses first before replacing the relay.

Hope it's as simple as that for you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts