1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
I'll look forward to that Ed as the choice for Ethanol free fuel is rather 'limited'.
Very interested in your 'findings'

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Is that Mega-tron's younger sibling?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am, and have been, a fan of StarTron for a long time. It works, is readily available and is inexpensive.....especially if you go to the "Fishing Equipment" section at WalMart.

The original Ethanol treatment developed for the outboard industry (hence the fishing section at Wally World).

I've tried a few others, but without scientific tools for true evaluation, I keep going back to what works.....and it does.

That said, still willing to try new products.

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
Ethanol problem solved.

Cost of Drum: free
Cost of ethanol free unleaded: $4.12/Gallon
Sticking it to the Ethanol lobby, the green lobby, and not having to worry about my fuel components: Priceless.

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
So how do you get the gas from the station into that drum?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a BP station about a mile from home with 90 octane non-ethanol gas at same price as the 93 octane E-10 stuff they sell.......but once I run through that and need a refill on the road things get more difficult.

Carl, your pump is scary....I trust this is in the garage with good ventilation? And you have a static grounding lead?.....

I see more and more gas stations advertising non-ethanol gas in my travels....I think the back lash from the public is growing as the reality of lower miles per gallon and other E-fuel related problems becomes known. Let's hope so.

·
Premium Member
13,695 Posts
So how do you get the gas from the station into that drum?
I bring the drum to the station. It's light when empty and I load it in the bed of my truck. When full, I just slide it down motorcycle ramps onto the dolly and roll it into the garage.

The garage is ventilated by two 8' doors on the front and a standard walk through door at the back.

Of course it's grounded. You don't see it floating do you?:stickpoke

·
Registered
661 Posts
Will this new stuff counteract water absorption on the tank itself? Looks like it will prevent deterioration of the fuel and metal parts but how about the rubber, nylons and plastics?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will this new stuff counteract water absorption on the tank itself? Looks like it will prevent deterioration of the fuel and metal parts but how about the rubber, nylons and plastics?
Only time will tell....but part of their press release mentions deterioration of hoses, plastics, etc.
But it is not water absorption by the plastic tanks that is a problem...it is the ethanol itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts