MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you shed light on why some F4 1000S have an orange reflector on the front wheel, while others do not? An earlier post implied that U.S. bikes must have one by law, so bikes shipped here have the orange reflector. However, the bike i just bought (NY) does not have one. I looked thru the registry, and some U.S. bikes have it, some do not. Same with U.K. It doesn't appear to be a 2005/2006 thing either.

Not that it matters, but any thoughts?

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
I would bet on it having been removed. Though i cannot be entirely sure :)

How about a registry submission with some photos :stickpoke

From your avatar, she looks like a beaut

·
Registered
279 Posts
Obmot said:
Can any of you shed light on why some F4 1000S have an orange reflector on the front wheel, while others do not? An earlier post implied that U.S. bikes must have one by law, so bikes shipped here have the orange reflector. However, the bike i just bought (NY) does not have one. I looked thru the registry, and some U.S. bikes have it, some do not. Same with U.K. It doesn't appear to be a 2005/2006 thing either.

I removed mine (front and rear) after the bike was inspected.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think they would seeing as some bikes apparently don't ship with them, unless as it seems here, they are "stuck" on and can be removed. I thought they were integrated into the front wheel fender/hugger.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Sounds similar to the Mattress tag thing..... :ahhh:

My MV's don't have them....not required here. Though my US-spec Yamaha does...I'm too lazy to bother taking them off. Shit, I've still got my old UK tax disc on there.... :wtf:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Obmot said:
I dont think they would seeing as some bikes apparently don't ship with them, unless as it seems here, they are "stuck" on and can be removed. I thought they were integrated into the front wheel fender/hugger.
Nope....two sided tape.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Obmot said:

It is ususally required by law for the reflector to be in place either on the lower fork, or in our case, the fender. All my bikes came with one, and I susequently removed them all as well. My 910r had both front and rear reflectors....for about 3 minutes after i was handed the keys.

·
Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
on uk bikes this is not required
i've owned 3 new bikes and never had them and never seen them

and i don't want any on my mv
so don't offer to post me any i don't want a 1000 of the things on my door step send them back to mv

1 - 13 of 13 Posts