MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

I sold a couple of parts to a forum member who is not comfortable to pay me until the goods arrive.

So my question to those of you who have dealt with me is ; Am I "trustworthy and honourable" in my dealings with you guys ?

I was " comfortable" to post them which I did,,, So what is the etiquette on this as I'm confused a little. ?

; )

joe

ps just wanna say I'm not worried in the slightest of the honesty of the buyer..I don't think for a moment there is any issue at all. I guess we all like to be trusted.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Money first. Send Item with tracking number.
There are some guys on this forum I'd entrust my life to.
As a small example of trust, Randy has "our" F4CC titled in his name, insured in his name & tagged in his name. No money has exchanged hands. Melanie & I paid for it but it sits in his garage, well cared for. If he chose to he could sell it or, as he often jibes me about, part it out & we would not have a legal foot to stand on, even with Elton gunnin' for Randy. That's the kind of trust I have in Randy, and more....
Ed's received many thousands of dollars of parts on my behalf and shipped them to NZ. Could have put those parts on Gina. But always sent them on. That's the kind of trust I have in Ed, and more...
And this is also true of several others on here, from my perspective. It's a great place to be.
Now, would I trust Chuck and Melanie in a spa pool at the Cartersville Hilton at 1 am?
Actually, yes I would.
Joe, I hold you in very high regard. I'd trust you to send these items, post haste upon receipt of money. And that's the order of things regarding internet sales. Simple.
Dave.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a small example of trust, Randy has "our" F4CC titled in his name, insured in his name & tagged in his name. No money has exchanged hands. Melanie & I paid for it but it sits in his garage, well cared for. If he chose to he could sell it or, as he often jibes me about, part it out & we would not have a legal foot to stand on, even with Elton gunnin' for Randy. That's the kind of trust I have in Randy, and more....
Ed's received many thousands of dollars of parts on my behalf and shipped them to NZ. Could have put those parts on Gina. But always sent them on. That's the kind of trust I have in Ed, and more...
And this is also true of several others on here, from my perspective. It's a great place to be.
Now, would I trust Chuck and Melanie in a spa pool at the Cartersville Hilton at 1 am?
Actually, yes I would.
Joe, I hold you in very high regard. I'd trust you to send these items, post haste upon receipt of money. And that's the order of things regarding internet sales. Simple.
Dave.

Thank you Dave, Maybe I'm a bit sensitive ; ) I have my friends Brutale
titled in my name as he is in hospital...
I love being a member of this community..It is a special place we have found here and special people...

And by the way..I also would hold you in the highest regard too Dave : )

cheers

joe

·
Registered
461 Posts
Ditto to Dave. Joe is well known this side of the pond and to me is clearly well regarded by one of the biggest dealers in secondhand/new parts for MV Agusta's (not sure I can name names here!)

Also trusted CAG, on a number of occasions, Ed, JDS and Al of Design Corse to name but a few.

It is a difficult situation I know, but if you are in need of something you have to take a few on the seller. Eg on eBay you would look to the number of sales and there feedback score.

I believe Joe is a knowledgeable, regular contributor, and well regarded on this forum.

Dave

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
My brief dealings with Joe give me a strong impression that he should be counted amongst the most trustworthy people to deal with on this forum.

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Actually, yes I would.
Dave.
+1

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Oh....and I might add that the village that we live in (New Zealand), is far too small to get unethical behaviour. Sure it happens from time to time, but we'll find you...

I don't see a whole lot of difference between that and our "family" here....well apart from the distances :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys... Thatz probly enough references for me to go to heaven !
Long may the mutual trust and respect between us persist.

cheers. : ))

joe

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sorry Joe, i would NOT trust you with my bike!!!! House, car etc sure. But the bike, never!!! Would be to afraid that you might take it apart just to see how it was put together.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Such transactions will always be a matter of trust but the decision has to be with the buyer. It is they who have to assess the risk and the etiquette is pay first and then receive the goods. If they don't trust they should not buy simple as that. Saying yes I would like to buy from you but I do not trust you is a screwed up view of the world. Sell it to me, I would trust you! Mark

·
Registered
694 Posts
Yeah, I agree the buyer usually assumes the risk.

I bought my Brutale from a seller (not very active forum member) that lives on the other side of the country. I only saw 2 low res photos - both of the same side! But talking to him convinced me that he was a guy I could trust. And sure enough, when the bike arrived it was perfect just like he said it was.

I've never had any problems with internet forum transactions but I'm afraid one day it will bite me in the butt.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Joe,
It's a sad society into which we have morphed. What I love most about this family is the trust and enthusiasium for MV. Yes, Joe I would trust you, after all you flew here all the way from England just to get me some well nuts!:yo:

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I've sold the F4CC and moved to Tahiti.......:jerkoff:

·
Vendor
5,418 Posts
Joe,I dont send out hubs until they are paid for and neither do any site sponsors on this forum,its just the way it works.So the trust is reversed isnt it.So your customer has to trust you to send the goods.Unless you are a rebirthed Emoto they have nothing to worry about,so if the customer doesnt trust you they will have to buy somewhere else.Joe where is my bloody radiator brace I paid for.(Sorry Joe sick joke).

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I've not yet had the pleasure of buying anything from you Joe, but I would have no issues putting my trust in you. You are clearly held in high esteem around here, and with good reason.

And I agree that the standard practice should be for the buyer to pay before the seller ships out, and the seller to provide the shipping details.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey guys,

I sold a couple of parts to a forum member who is not comfortable to pay me until the goods arrive.

So my question to those of you who have dealt with me is ; Am I "trustworthy and honourable" in my dealings with you guys ?

I was " comfortable" to post them which I did,,, So what is the etiquette on this as I'm confused a little. ?

; )

joe

ps just wanna say I'm not worried in the slightest of the honesty of the buyer..I don't think for a moment there is any issue at all. I guess we all like to be trusted.

The lasted time I checked purchasing online requires Paying up front. I would recommend then the member purchase from a dealer from my brief correspondence with you I would not have an issue with paying upfront in dealing with you. Based upon the feedback from the forum I believe you are trustworthy.

Would prefer to deal with an Mv forum member rather than someone on Craigslist.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Joe,I dont send out hubs until they are paid for and neither do any site sponsors on this forum,its just the way it works.So the trust is reversed isnt it.So your customer has to trust you to send the goods.Unless you are a rebirthed Emoto they have nothing to worry about,so if the customer doesnt trust you they will have to buy somewhere else.Joe where is my bloody radiator brace I paid for.(Sorry Joe sick joke).
+ 1

1 - 20 of 45 Posts