MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope this is the right forum to ask these couple of questions

Just got my MV and it has a cracked right hand side mirror. Is there somewhere I can buy a new one? I'm in the UK

Is it normal when you change gears on these bikes that you can feel the clutch lever snag a little?

Many thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had great parts service by email from Bennetts:
https://www.bennettsmotorcycles.co.uk/

Can't help with the clutch though.
Thanks I'll check that out.

Does the clutch thing sound normal? I've never ever experienced it but then again I've only ever ridden jap bikes, apart from an RSV4 and a Speed Triple.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My clutch cable 'snags' probably about 50 percent of the time I use it - I thought it was just me coming from a previous bike with a hydrolic clutch, so I'll be interested in the replies from others about this. Mine's an F3.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My clutch cable 'snags' probably about 50 percent of the time I use it - I thought it was just me coming from a previous bike with a hydrolic clutch, so I'll be interested in the replies from others about this. Mine's an F3.
Clutch lever gives feedback when changing gear? Not in a bad way, but hope we are on the same level here.

·
Registered
205 Posts
When I use it, sometimes it feels like it's snagged a little, like it's caught the inner cable on the outer sleeve and 'clicks' back into place as I'm pulling it in. Hard to describe really and I thought that it's just me and getting used to a cable clutch again, but I notice it because no other cable clutch bike has done it. I've visually inspected it and all appears fine (I should hope so being brand new).

·
Super Moderator
22,668 Posts
Post in the For Sale/ Wanted to Buy section. You might be pleasantly surprised what some forum members have squirreled away.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
I believe the slipper clutch action can be felt at the lever under certain circumstances. This may be what you are feeling.

Reactions: Fatpastyhead

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the slipper clutch action can be felt at the lever under certain circumstances. This may be what you are feeling.
Ah ok this makes sense. Only just realised it is a hydrolic clutch as well. I've basically come from an R1 so I'm hitting a huge learning curve with this bike(not in a bad way, wish I'd purchased one years ago)

·
Registered
205 Posts
As I was riding it today (10 hours in total, 4 passes in the Swiss Alps and ended up in Dijon in France tonight), I was thinking it may be because of the quickshifter action - but could be slipper clutch which makes more sense. I use the quickshifter (both ways) 50 percent of the time, even on road.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts