MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I KNOW THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BEFORE IN THE PAST, THOUGH WITH NEW MEMBERS REGISTERING IN THIS SIGHT ALMOST EVERYDAY, I THOUGHT IT WOULD FUN TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE AGAIN AND MAYBE WITH A LITTLE MORE INSIGHT AND POSSIBLY SOME VISUAL IDEAS IN WHAT WE CAN OR SHOULD EXPECT IN MV AGUSTA FUTURE BIKES.

WE ALL KNOW THAT MV AGUSTA BIKES PRETTY MUCH STAND THE TEST OF TIME AS FAR AS DISIGN IS CONCERED THEN ANY OTHER BIKE IN THE WORLD. BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT MV AGUSTA IS PAST DUE FOR AN OVER HAUL OF THEIR F4 MODELS. NOW SOME EXPECT A CHANGE CAN HAPPEN AS EARLY AS 2008. BUT GIVEN MV'S FINNACIAL TROUBLE OF MAINTAINING A LONG TERM FINNACIAL SPONSOR. I DOUBT WE WILL BE SEEING A CHANGE ANY TIME SOON. OF COURSE ONE COULD SAY "WHATS THE RUSH" CONSIDERING AS I MENTION ABOVE THAT MV BIKES HAVE IN FACT STOOD THE TEST OF TIME. SO I ASK YOU, HOW MUCH MORE TIME DO YOU THINK MV HAS AS AN EXCLUSIVE MANUFACTURE BEFORE A CHANGE IS NECESSARY FOR ITS SURVIVAL? I FEEL THAT TO SURVIVE, MV HAS TO BECOME MORE THEN JUST ESTHETICS IE; (EYE CANDY) AND OR EXCLUSIVITY IN THE WORLD MARKET TODAY. JAPAN LEADS THE MARKET IN INNOVATION. THEY ALSO GIVE YOU MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. THE DOWN SIDE IS THEY'RE NOT ALWAY PRETTY BIKES. AND OF COURSE, I WOULD HATE TO SEE MV AGUSTA MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS DUCATI WHEN THEY REVAMPED THE 916 WITH WHAT THEY HAVE NOW. BECAUSE WITH MV AGUSTA THAT COULD BE MORE THEN JUST COSTLY, IT COULD PROVE DEADLY TO THEIR FUTURE.

NOW I DON'T WANT TO STRAY OFF THE REASON WHY I WROTE THIS THREAD AND THAT IS, IF MV WERE TO REMODEL THEIR F4 OR BRUTALE WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE AND OR KEEP THE SAME. IT'S DIFFICULT I KNOW, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING OF THE F4. AND MV HAS SO MANY UNIQUE AND PATENED PARTS SUCH AS THE SWINGARM, ORGAN PIPES, ETC. I PERSONNALY FEEL THE SWING ARM, TANK, AND MAYBE EVEN THE ORGAN PIPES IS A KEEPER. I ALSO LIKE THE FRONT FACE AND HEAD PROJECTOR, THOUGH IT'LL HELP TO GIVE IT A SLIGHT MAKE OVER OR INHANCEMENT. AS LONG AS THEY DONT MAKE THE FRONT FACIAL LOOK LIKE ANYTHING YOU SEE IN A JAPAN OR DUCATI BIKE.

MV AGUSTA AND ITS MEMBERS ARE A SMALL AND EXCLUSIVE GROUP, SO IT WOULD BE COOL IF MV FLEW SOME OF THEIR GOOD CUSTOMERS TO THEIR HQ. TO SEE THEIR NEW CONCEPT F4 BEFORE ITS PUT INTO PRODUCTION. THAT WAY WE'D BE ABLE TO GIVE OUR THUMBS UP OR DOWN REGARDING THEIR CONCEPT DISIGN. I'M SURE THATS NOT HOW THEY DO BUSINESS, BUT OF COURSE ITS JUST A THOUGHT.

I THINK MAYBE ANY FUTURE COSSMETIC MODIFICATONS TO THE F4 SHOULD BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. LIKE THE FRONT FACIAL W/ AIR OUTLETS, TECH DASH AND THE REAR TAIL LIGHTS. THOUGH I DO LIKE THE ARROW SHAPE REAR DISIGN, IT BLEND WELL WITH THE LINES OF THE BIKE. AS FAR AS WEIGHT OF THE F4 BIKE, THATS NOT MUCH OF AN ISSUE FOR ME. SURE IT CAN LOSE 10-20LBS. BUT, I WON'T WANT THAT IF IT MEANT SACRAFICING THE OVER ALL INTEGRITY OF THE BIKES DISIGN CHARTERESTICS. I FEEL IF ANYTHING, MV AGUSTA NEEDS TO WORK MORE TOWARD INNOVATION AND RIDER/BIKE COMFORT. IN OTHER WORDS, I'D LIKE TO HAVE A SLIPPER CLUTCH, STANDARD STEERING DAMPER, IMPROVED ELECTRICAL COMPUTER SYSTEM, WITH NEW TECH DASH THAT HAS GEAR # POSITION, TIME/DATE, LAP TIME, SHIFT TIME, ETC. AS FAR AS COMFORT, I'D LIKE TO HAVE MORE PADDING ON THE SEAT. I ALSO, WOULD LIKE TO FEEL I'M SITTING IN AND PART OF THE BIKE, NOT LAYING ON TOP OF IT, AS IF IM ABOUT TO DIVE INTO A SWIMMING POOL.

I'M SURE WE HAVE A FEW ARTISTS OR COMPUTER SAVY MEMBERS HERE IN THIS FORUM THAT CAN DO THE JOB. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF SOMEONE CAN MAYBE COME UP WITH A CONCEPT DRAWING OF A FUTURE F4. WHILE IN KEEPING WITH THE TRADITIONAL AND KEY COMPONETS OF THE F4'S SWINGARM AND TANK SHAPE. ANY TAKERS? I'D THINK IT WOULD BE FUN!
WHO KNOWS, MAYBE MV AGUSTA WILL TAKE NOTES FROM VIEWING OUR DRAWINGS AND OR INPUT. I'D LIKE TO BELIEVE MV AGUSTA PASSION, IS OUR PASSION". :drummer:

LET ME HEAR WHAT YOU ALL THINK, EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS AND OR CONCEPTS IDEAS OF A FUTURE F4. WE HAVE A GREAT AND TALENTED GROUP OF DIVERSE MEN AND WOMEN IN THIS FORUM.
"IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME". LETS MEET THIS CHALLEGE!

THANKS YOU ALL FOR HEARING ME :blah:

HOPE I DIDN'T PUT YOU TO SLEEP :zzz:

MADMAN :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't even own an MV, but the only thing that I've seen so far that I don't like, is the front/headlight on the F4. The rest of the bike is beatiful, but the front is somewhat lacking IMO. I don't want it to go the way of the Jap bikes either, but I think it could be better.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
MikeyB09 said:
I don't even own an MV, but the only thing that I've seen so far that I don't like, is the front/headlight on the F4. The rest of the bike is beatiful, but the front is somewhat lacking IMO. I don't want it to go the way of the Jap bikes either, but I think it could be better.
while you have a valid point, the front of the MV is INFINITELY MORE ATTRACTIVE than that of the 999....

even the most diehard ducatisti agree with that

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18 Posts
The overall design of the 999 front fairing is just barely OK (doesn't flow too well), but like the F4, I don't like the headlight design.
The F4 front fairing design I like a lot. It's just that the headlight doesn't work very well wtih it.
If I had to choose, like you, I'd pick the F4 over the 999. Both have a bad looking headlight IMO, but the F4 wins with the better fairing and even more so with a poor, but still better looking headlight.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Actually, early designs of the MV had 999 style headlights!

I was saw a 999 and an MV side by side and the 999 has a strong resembalance to the MV in the shape of the front and tail section. But where the MV is curved and flowing, the 999 is sharp and creased.

In terms of a new design, I remember an interview w/ Castiglioni (sp) where he said the design needs to remain fresh for 10 years. So, I think in 2009/2010 we should see a new design. That would give the 1000R a 2 to 3 year run -not to mention Tamburini is getting old.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
IT WOULD SEEM THAT SOME OF YOU GUYS WOULD CHANGE THE OVER ALL LOOK OF THE FRONT FACIAL AND HEAD LAMP. SO WHAT WOULD YOU SUGGEST THE FRONT END LOOK LIKE. TAKING INTO ACCOUNT NOT ONLT THE FACIAL AND HEAD LIGHT DISIGN; BUT ALSO THE FRONT RAM AIR VENTS. PERSONALLY, I'M TIRED OF SEEING THE CATS EYES LOOK OF MOST JAPAN BIKES. THAT TO ME HAS GOTEN OLD. AND I REALLY HATE THE LOOK OF ANY BIKE WHEN THEY PLACE THE RAM AIR VENTS ANY WHERE ON THE CENTER, ABOVE, OR BELOW THE FRONT FACIAL. FOR INSTANCE, THE YAM. R6, SUSUKI'S AND TRIUMPH. THE ONLY JAPAN BIKE THAT LOOKS EVEN SOME WHAT DECENT WITH THE RAM AIR VENTS ON THE FACE IS THE KAWASAKI 636R. SO, I ASK YOU AGAIN IN YOUR MINDS EYE WHAT DISIGN LOOK WOULD YOU HAVE FOR THE FRONT FACIAL FOR THE NEW F4 THAT WOULD STAND THE TEST OF TIME. I KNOW THIS CAN BE A BIT DIFFICULT TO EXPLAIN WITHOUT A DRAWING CONCEPT. BUT GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT. I MUST ADMIT ITS A BIT DIFFICULT TO VISUALISE THIS IN YOUR HEAD KNOWING THAT THE DISIGN HAS TO INCORPORATE HEADLIGHT, AIR VENTS, FACIAL AND OVER ALL LINES OF THE BIKE. WISH I HAD ADOBE IN MY COMPUTER.

I GUESS THE REASON I BROUGHT UP THIS TOPIC IS BECAUSE I KNOW MOST OF US RECOGNIZE WHAT WE DON'T LIKE IN A BIKE'S DISIGN. BUT, CAN WE CHALLEGE OURSELVES TO DISIGN OR ILLUSTRATE THAT WHAT WE'LL CHANGE. IN OTHER WORDS, HOW WOULD YOU MAKE ANY PART OF THE PRESENT F4 THAT YOU DON'T CARE FOR, LOOK LIKE? :nerd:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Got to agree the front fairing is gorgeous, however the headlight is out of place.

We are in the process of designing some custom bodywork for a project F4 we are working on, we are using a different headlight system which will be HID as well. Hopefully have the bike ready soon.

Apart from the front end and the weight the bike is perfect styling wise and sizing.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Simple. Put the headlights in the mirrors or integrate it into the rider's helmet - along with a HUD speedo and tach built into the visor. :naughty:

Or similar or narrower lights to the Audi KTM Roadster to flow the natural curve of the MV's nose. (NOTE: I'm refering to the shape the lights of the Audi and NOT the shape of the car). It would be similar to the CBR's but I'm thinking much narrower.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
eMoto UK said:
Got to agree the front fairing is gorgeous, however the headlight is out of place.

We are in the process of designing some custom bodywork for a project F4 we are working on, we are using a different headlight system which will be HID as well. Hopefully have the bike ready soon.

Apart from the front end and the weight the bike is perfect styling wise and sizing.
THANKS EMOTO FOR THE INFO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH. BY THE WAY, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU GUYS DON'T MAKE? :idea:

EMOTO'S VISION MAKES OUR DREAMS A REALITY. :drummer:
AGAIN, THANKS.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allan Gibbs said:
Simple. Put the headlights in the mirrors or integrate it into the rider's helmet - along with a HUD speedo and tach built into the visor. :naughty:

Or similar or narrower lights to the Audi KTM Roadster to flow the natural curve of the MV's nose. (NOTE: I'm refering to the shape the lights of the Audi and NOT the shape of the car). It would be similar to the CBR's but I'm thinking much narrower.

OK! WELL I CAN'T FAULT YOU FOR LACK OF IMAGINATION. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT THE ROBO-COP IDEA. BUT HELL, WHY NOT. YOU CERTAINLY PUT A PICTURE IN MY MIND. THANKS.

·
Registered
785 Posts
MADMAN said:
THANKS EMOTO FOR THE INFO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU COME UP WITH. BY THE WAY, IS THERE ANYTHING YOU GUYS DON'T MAKE? :idea:

EMOTO'S VISION MAKES OUR DREAMS A REALITY. :drummer:
AGAIN, THANKS.

Lol! we try our best if only the day lasted longer.

Should look nice, just need to make sure the new headlight housing looks tidy. Soon! :naughty:

·
Registered
27 Posts
hi,i would like to know who makes a rear cowl for the f4 twin seat in carbon.i dont think anybody makes it.if their is anybody that would lend one off their bike so EMOTO can make one.cum on fellas

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Madman,

Pet peeve of mine, but may I ask why you type in all caps????

Makes your posts hard to read and is considered YELLING on the net.

Caps lock key broken???

·
Registered
257 Posts
MADMAN said:
I KNOW THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BEFORE IN THE PAST, THOUGH WITH NEW MEMBERS REGISTERING IN THIS SIGHT ALMOST EVERYDAY, I THOUGHT IT WOULD FUN TO DISCUSS THIS ISSUE AGAIN AND MAYBE WITH A LITTLE MORE INSIGHT AND POSSIBLY SOME VISUAL IDEAS IN WHAT WE CAN OR SHOULD EXPECT IN MV AGUSTA FUTURE BIKES.

WE ALL KNOW THAT MV AGUSTA BIKES PRETTY MUCH STAND THE TEST OF TIME AS FAR AS DISIGN IS CONCERED THEN ANY OTHER BIKE IN THE WORLD. BUT WE ALSO KNOW THAT MV AGUSTA IS PAST DUE FOR AN OVER HAUL OF THEIR F4 MODELS. NOW SOME EXPECT A CHANGE CAN HAPPEN AS EARLY AS 2008. BUT GIVEN MV'S FINNACIAL TROUBLE OF MAINTAINING A LONG TERM FINNACIAL SPONSOR. I DOUBT WE WILL BE SEEING A CHANGE ANY TIME SOON. OF COURSE ONE COULD SAY "WHATS THE RUSH" CONSIDERING AS I MENTION ABOVE THAT MV BIKES HAVE IN FACT STOOD THE TEST OF TIME. SO I ASK YOU, HOW MUCH MORE TIME DO YOU THINK MV HAS AS AN EXCLUSIVE MANUFACTURE BEFORE A CHANGE IS NECESSARY FOR ITS SURVIVAL? I FEEL THAT TO SURVIVE, MV HAS TO BECOME MORE THEN JUST ESTHETICS IE; (EYE CANDY) AND OR EXCLUSIVITY IN THE WORLD MARKET TODAY. JAPAN LEADS THE MARKET IN INNOVATION. THEY ALSO GIVE YOU MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK. THE DOWN SIDE IS THEY'RE NOT ALWAY PRETTY BIKES. AND OF COURSE, I WOULD HATE TO SEE MV AGUSTA MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS DUCATI WHEN THEY REVAMPED THE 916 WITH WHAT THEY HAVE NOW. BECAUSE WITH MV AGUSTA THAT COULD BE MORE THEN JUST COSTLY, IT COULD PROVE DEADLY TO THEIR FUTURE.

NOW I DON'T WANT TO STRAY OFF THE REASON WHY I WROTE THIS THREAD AND THAT IS, IF MV WERE TO REMODEL THEIR F4 OR BRUTALE WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE AND OR KEEP THE SAME. IT'S DIFFICULT I KNOW, ESPECIALLY IN SPEAKING OF THE F4. AND MV HAS SO MANY UNIQUE AND PATENED PARTS SUCH AS THE SWINGARM, ORGAN PIPES, ETC. I PERSONNALY FEEL THE SWING ARM, TANK, AND MAYBE EVEN THE ORGAN PIPES IS A KEEPER. I ALSO LIKE THE FRONT FACE AND HEAD PROJECTOR, THOUGH IT'LL HELP TO GIVE IT A SLIGHT MAKE OVER OR INHANCEMENT. AS LONG AS THEY DONT MAKE THE FRONT FACIAL LOOK LIKE ANYTHING YOU SEE IN A JAPAN OR DUCATI BIKE.

MV AGUSTA AND ITS MEMBERS ARE A SMALL AND EXCLUSIVE GROUP, SO IT WOULD BE COOL IF MV FLEW SOME OF THEIR GOOD CUSTOMERS TO THEIR HQ. TO SEE THEIR NEW CONCEPT F4 BEFORE ITS PUT INTO PRODUCTION. THAT WAY WE'D BE ABLE TO GIVE OUR THUMBS UP OR DOWN REGARDING THEIR CONCEPT DISIGN. I'M SURE THATS NOT HOW THEY DO BUSINESS, BUT OF COURSE ITS JUST A THOUGHT.

I THINK MAYBE ANY FUTURE COSSMETIC MODIFICATONS TO THE F4 SHOULD BE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN. LIKE THE FRONT FACIAL W/ AIR OUTLETS, TECH DASH AND THE REAR TAIL LIGHTS. THOUGH I DO LIKE THE ARROW SHAPE REAR DISIGN, IT BLEND WELL WITH THE LINES OF THE BIKE. AS FAR AS WEIGHT OF THE F4 BIKE, THATS NOT MUCH OF AN ISSUE FOR ME. SURE IT CAN LOSE 10-20LBS. BUT, I WON'T WANT THAT IF IT MEANT SACRAFICING THE OVER ALL INTEGRITY OF THE BIKES DISIGN CHARTERESTICS. I FEEL IF ANYTHING, MV AGUSTA NEEDS TO WORK MORE TOWARD INNOVATION AND RIDER/BIKE COMFORT. IN OTHER WORDS, I'D LIKE TO HAVE A SLIPPER CLUTCH, STANDARD STEERING DAMPER, IMPROVED ELECTRICAL COMPUTER SYSTEM, WITH NEW TECH DASH THAT HAS GEAR # POSITION, TIME/DATE, LAP TIME, SHIFT TIME, ETC. AS FAR AS COMFORT, I'D LIKE TO HAVE MORE PADDING ON THE SEAT. I ALSO, WOULD LIKE TO FEEL I'M SITTING IN AND PART OF THE BIKE, NOT LAYING ON TOP OF IT, AS IF IM ABOUT TO DIVE INTO A SWIMMING POOL.

I'M SURE WE HAVE A FEW ARTISTS OR COMPUTER SAVY MEMBERS HERE IN THIS FORUM THAT CAN DO THE JOB. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IF SOMEONE CAN MAYBE COME UP WITH A CONCEPT DRAWING OF A FUTURE F4. WHILE IN KEEPING WITH THE TRADITIONAL AND KEY COMPONETS OF THE F4'S SWINGARM AND TANK SHAPE. ANY TAKERS? I'D THINK IT WOULD BE FUN!
WHO KNOWS, MAYBE MV AGUSTA WILL TAKE NOTES FROM VIEWING OUR DRAWINGS AND OR INPUT. I'D LIKE TO BELIEVE MV AGUSTA PASSION, IS OUR PASSION". :drummer:

LET ME HEAR WHAT YOU ALL THINK, EXPRESS YOUR THOUGHTS AND OR CONCEPTS IDEAS OF A FUTURE F4. WE HAVE A GREAT AND TALENTED GROUP OF DIVERSE MEN AND WOMEN IN THIS FORUM.
"IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME". LETS MEET THIS CHALLEGE!

THANKS YOU ALL FOR HEARING ME :blah:

HOPE I DIDN'T PUT YOU TO SLEEP :zzz:

MADMAN :mad:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Guys.....I am not even sure where I saved this pic from, but whomever drew this, he/she is awesome. This is quite a *rendering* in my opinion!
This is what I would like the next generation of my MV to look like....
Enjoy!

Willie

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
...in all seriousness though, I am not really looking forward to the day when the new (redesigned?) MV F4 model debuts. I am one who would just like to see many of those fine refinements to the current design. I am happy that they aren't like the Asian manufacturers who feel that a 2 year old bike is worthless... (come to think of it, they pretty much are anyway on trade-in value). That's why I quit buying them.

Look at it this way too....Buddy Holly played a Fender Stratocaster in the 50's and that great and timeless design hasn't changed much at all since then...(except for pickups, really). Fender is just shoving those guitars out the door, as they always will be.

and Porsche still makes the 911.

Willie

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Gr8racer said:
...in all seriousness though, I am not really looking forward to the day when the new (redesigned?) MV F4 model debuts. I am one who would just like to see many of those fine refinements to the current design. I am happy that they aren't like the Asian manufacturers who feel that a 2 year old bike is worthless... (come to think of it, they pretty much are anyway on trade-in value). That's why I quit buying them.

Look at it this way too....Buddy Holly played a Fender Stratocaster in the 50's and that great and timeless design hasn't changed much at all since then...(except for pickups, really). Fender is just shoving those guitars out the door, as they always will be.

and Porsche still makes the 911.

Willie
But there was also a time when Harley Davidson's styling was revolutionary. Have faith in Mr. Tamburini. I think the next one will be the best because it may be his finale. How old is he now?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts