MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am posting this thread to help some of the newer riders to get into the sport of track riding and roadracing in a less intimidating and economical way...

Are you:

Interested in going to the track or start racing?

Want to spend a lot less money for track days, race entry fees?

Worried about crashing your big, fast, expensive MV at the track?

Mini roadracing is the best way to start!

<===================== please click on "view my album", there are pictures of my bike and track pictures

http://www.teamcalamari.com/dox/racing.html Lots of info here...

Enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
odonata said:
I am posting this thread to help some of the newer riders to get into the sport of track riding and roadracing in a less intimidating and economical way...

Are you:

Interested in going to the track or start racing?

Want to spend a lot less money for track days, race entry fees?

Worried about crashing your big, fast, expensive MV at the track?

Mini roadracing is the best way to start!

<===================== please click on "view my album", there are pictures of my bike and track pictures

http://www.teamcalamari.com/dox/racing.html Lots of info here...

Enjoy it.
Sounds like fun, but i think it should be at least a 125cc.
The new Aprilia must be a great small track toy :smoking:
Ah.... and there a "new" Cagiva Mito also :naughty:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
MV-999R said:
Sounds like fun, but i think it should be at least a 125cc.
The new Aprilia must be a great small track toy :smoking:
Ah.... and there a "new" Cagiva Mito also :naughty:
Yes I agree, 125 or 250 would be great fun too, but this thread is meant for a cheap way to start... for a new rider perhaps.

The mini roadracing is generally done at kart tracks($ saving, $15-25 for a day!) and I think the 125 may be a bit too fast to start with, the 75, 80cc are plenty fast, besides, it will be hard to find a race/track-ready 125 for less then $1500. besides, at a kart track(8/10 mile, 14 turns, 25'-30' wide), these little bikes are extremely fast and capable. It is very physically demanding to ride these bikes, almost more so than the big bikes at the big tracks, because on a short track with so many super tight turns, you have almost no time to rest, the straight away is generally under 1000', and the handling capability of these little bikes with racing slicks are so great that it generates a lot of G force... I can tell you I get more sore and tired riding 1/2 day on my Derbi @ Grange than 2 days of riding @ the CSS 2 day camp.

I think it's sorta like comparing driving a Corvette at the big track vs. a shifter kart at a kart track... is the kart slower? yes, easier to drive? no, the fact is that in order to go fast, you are faced with the same challenges. BTW lots of top motorcycle roadracing pros started out racing in mini GPs, just like F1 drivers with karts.

125cc is a whole different world, besides the Mito, there is also the new Derbi GPR125, new Aprilia rs125 etc... very very cool bikes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts