MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. Will a Pitbull front fork stand work on the Brutale, or do I need to buy the OEM front stand?

2. What slipper clutch do you recommend for the Brutale?

·
Registered
151 Posts
It depends on the Pitbull and what you're planning to do. The Pitbull with the centerpin won't work because there isn't a hole in the steering stem. So you have to use something else if you're planning to remove the forks. The Pitbull that lifts below the axle will work for removing the front tire. But, instead of putting it below the axle, remove the brake calipers and lift under the brake caliper mounting brackets. It works for the 910S. I don't know about the 910R though.

·
Registered
233 Posts
like he said, pitbull won't work for the front except the make-shift setup under the brake calipers. a pitbull rear stand under the brake calipers raises the front for wheel maintenance. if i need to do fork work, i hang the front part of the frame from the ceiling joists in my garage with a ratcheting tiedown strap. the other option is tall jack stands under the frame sliders (if you have them).

imho it was pretty stupid of them not to make a hole in the bottom triple clamp for a front stand.

slipper clutches are intended for two types of people: 1. racers trying to shave the last 0.2 seconds off lap times, and 2. riders who don't know how to shift properly. since i'm not in either category, i've no use for a slipper clutch and can't recommend anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts