MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there,

I'm going to look at one of these this weekend. Very low miles, 2015 model in white, for a really good price.

However, looking at the photos it appears to have the dash from a Rivale. There's no fuel gauge to the left hand side. I was led to believe all Stradales had a fuel gauge? Seems odd, if not, but the seller doesn't seem to know anything about this.

My other question is, how easy are these bikes to work on? I'll be coming from a 1st generation Multistrada which is an absolute pain to work on, so i really want to be assured this bike has been put together in a manner which makes it easy to maintain.

Thanks,
Nick
I’ve had the following issues with my Stradale:
Oxy. Sensor fault, replaced under warranty, easy to install.
Electronic throttle, replaced under warranty by dealer
Lf rear turn signal 3/6 leds out, lense glued on and difficult to pry off- haven’t fixed or replaced. May go with an aftermarket piece.
Fuel gage very erratic. Sometimes flashes, sometimes reserve light actually works but last ride it showed almost full but really was almost empty. Not sure how it functions, maybe sensor being affected by ethanol. Tank made by Acerbis but owner’s manual or warning label says to use ethanol free gas! And the bike is suppose to be a US model?!?!

All and all I like the bike. It’s unique, handles well, goes like hell and has a lot interesting features that actually work. I like the four different engine management settings although figuring out how to change them can be a challenge. There’s a setting for heated grips but don’t think this bike has them. The clutchless quick shift function works well but I’m so use to using the clutch that I leave it off. Not sure about downshifting, there’s no blipping of throttle and I don’t like jamming it down to the next gear without matching the revs a bit. If you’ve ever taken an abused trans apart you’ll understand why it’s important.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi I've had my 2015 Stradale since August this year done around 1300 miles since - thankfully no problems. Had yearly service and TSB 214 done on warranty all OK so far. Now on about 6100miles.

Fuel gauge works fine.

Downshift blipper works well in sport map mode (stupid question you are backing off the throttle) but it would not work the only time I put put it in normal mode so it may be a question of switching but I just leave it in sport!

Been trying to work out a solution for plate holder and rear indicators myself, - would like to put a unit high-level somewhere between the panniers by manufacturing a bracket and fitting and aftermarket unit (thanks to the unknown Brutale rider at Loomies on Sunday for the idea would have like to have chatted but you disappeared into crowd) the electrics is the thing I've not even started to get to the bottom of - any pointers anyone??
I want to get this done not just for esthetics but because the indicators are so low that they are difficult to see by other road users - my brother raised this issue when following me on another bike so if he found it difficult to see it scares me what truck drivers see!
Safe riding Graham

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Downshift blipper works well in sport map mode (stupid question you are backing off the throttle) but it would not work the only time I put put it in normal mode so it may be a question of switching but I just leave it in sport!
This is the design of the unit. Sport Mode only.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This is the design of the unit. Sport Mode only.
It also works in Custom mode (which I recommend you play with to get the best out of the bike).

I’ve been extremely impressed with the bike thus far since buying it last May. Now the throttle issue (gas position sensor error) is fixed, it’s been nothing but superb, aside from the occasional clutch switch error when it’s hot and the bike is at standstill.

Took it touring across France and Spain this year and totally reliable other than water ingress into all the lights in torrential rain (rear lights have now been resealed with heavy duty glue- they were not sealed properly from factory).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Answer to previous posts raises some questions if anyone can help please.

Nick / Chuck the custom mode i've not even looked at but reading the manual the only settings I would use are max or sport depends on the mode you are adjusting and I would have thought the standard Sport mode would already have these settings or am I reading something wrong have you got any suggestions for custom settings?

Chuck you sent me, a couple of months ago, some PDF manuals - the only one that is Stradale specific is the engine manual - do you have access to PDF manuals for the rest of the bike especially readable wiring diagrams loom layouts / routes - as my previous post i'm looking at trying to put high level plate holder / indicators between the bags I'm sure its possible apart from working out the electrics. I have a friend who has a printing firm and he can print PDF's in a size that are readable!!

Temptation has been put right in front of my face Brutale - ebay 333380254239 love the paint job:grin2:

Cheers Graham

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
Chuck you sent me, a couple of months ago, some PDF manuals - the only one that is Stradale specific is the engine manual - do you have access to PDF manuals for the rest of the bike ... ?
Cheers Graham

Graham, I may have what you are seeking. How did I send the prior manuals? email? Dropbox?

1.jpg

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
I’ll put it in my Dropbox a bit later today.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts