·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well he pulled it off , he is the champ this year
Let me the first to say. congratulations

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Yes congratulations to him. 60 Minutes did a story on him last night, all very inspirational and agood glimpse in to what they have to go through.

It should be a memorable day at Philip Island in a couple of weeks.

By the way, for those who didn't see the race in Motegi, Hollywood could not have written a better script, an amazing day of dramas.
To see the outpouring of emotion in the Stoner garage was very moving, knowing what he whent through to get there you could see why.

Good Luck to him

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
congrats to casey.... very cool race! Just got back from it (stayed overnight out there). I can say that the rain SUCKED to ride in. ugh.

well, more pics on it later....

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Great racing!!! AND tactics!

WELL DONE STONOR!!!

I wonder why he didn't change bikes (tyres!) earlier like Capirossi??

·
Registered
571 Posts
The Auses are the center of the Motorcycle world.
Congratulation to your landsman. :highclap: :king:

It is an Italian tradition, if the decide to win a championship, than they do it(either in rally or F1 or MotoGP or…). Congratulation to them too!

·
Registered
298 Posts
Not to detract from Mssr Stoner's win (congrats) but don't forget there's three other Aussie world champions in the motorcycle game:
Troy Bayliss
Troy Corser
Mat Mladin (OK maybe not this year)

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Congratulations to Casey and Ducarti. It couldn't be any better, lots of drama and what a defeat for Japan. Three times in a row a Ducati Win on the Honda Track. Ducati and Casey World Champions on Japanese Soil. The first top class Title for a european brand since what ? 33 Years - 1974 MV Agusta with Phil Read. It was delight ! Sorry Valentino, You would have lost it anyway this Year.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
gazman said:
Great racing!!! AND tactics!

WELL DONE STONOR!!!

I wonder why he didn't change bikes (tyres!) earlier like Capirossi??
Most people I've spoken too,have said team orders bought Loris in early,so they could see how slick tyres were working as opposed to the wets that Casey was still riding on.
Nice theory,BUT Loris had one at Motegi 2 years previously!

If Casey or even Rossi had stayed out 1 lap longer, they may have had the same fate as Pedrosa.

A very technical race indeed.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
diego said:
Ducati did a super Job, congratulations from a Rossi Fan. :bawling:
I hope thats not the look of ' I'm bored, maybe I should try something else'

Rossi is still the spirit of MotoGP. He may have lost the championship this year,but when he retires from 2 wheel racing,WE ALL lose a lot more!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Well done to Casey, he is at the top of his game.

Rossi however is a legend. How Casey performs from here on will determine if he reaches the same status.

Great to see a European manufacturer win also, fantastic feat.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts