MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I figure I will start a thread about the progression of my bike and her happenings. This is something I was going to do with a previous bike but never did and wished I would have done. I'm going to put pics of my mods in here and how they act/reflect on the bike for others to see.

Ill start with the fact that I bought the bike at Evansville Superbike Shop in Indiana. Had a wonderful purchasing experience and I couldn't ask for a better sales associate by the name of Alex. He made the experience very painless and took care of everything I asked and even called the head of MV American team to answer some random questions I had that he personally didn't have the answer for while I was in his office.

I trailered to bike home and rode it for about 15 miles the day I brought her home. I didn't get a chance to ride much due to having to leave for work out of state for another week that same night but I will this weekend.

On the downside I noticed when I got it home that the blinkers, horn and brake lights didn't work. I immediately went to the fuse box and replaced the F6 fuse for the associated lights and started checking the horn (worked), left blinker (worked) and then tried the right blinker and the fuse blew again. I believe they possibly pinched the right turn signal wire putting the front blinkers/mirrors on as the clip that is there is in a tight location and they probably pinched the wire. I'm slightly annoyed at that fact being as the dealer should have done a full check of all the electronics but hopefully that is all it is and that is an easy fix for me but it is something that will have to wait til I am home once again on Friday evening.

I will update the thread with a few more pictures of her once I get home for all to see.

Cheers and safe riding guys/gals.:conveyer:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Figured I should post what upcoming mods I want to put on the bike as soon as possible so here goes. And Gents I would love any and all input from those that have any of these mods or any input as to which are better than others etc.

MOD LIST

First round

Integrated Tail light Purchased

Fender Eliminator Built

Grips Purchased

Stomp Grip Purchased

Second Round

Zero Exhaust Purchased

HP Corse Header Purchased

RapidBike Race ECU + My Tuning + Secondary Bosch O2 Sensor Purchased

MWR Air Rams, HE Filter & adjustment kit Purchased

Matris Steering Damper Purchased

Third Round

Brembo RCS 19 MC Purchased

RaceTech suspension (Full setup) Purchased

Fourth Round

Carbon rear fender Purchased

Carbon lower panels Purchased

Carbon upper and lower chain guard

Repalcement Seat

Rear Seat Cowl

That's about it for now.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I purchased my integrated tail light and a tank protector and a tinted windscreen from DesignCorse today as well as my stomp grip.

Slowly but surely.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Check the horn for a broken wire. The same thing happened on mine on my last ride. The spades are still on but the wire pulled out of the spades and shorted on the horn.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the downside I noticed when I got it home that the blinkers, horn and brake lights didn't work. I immediately went to the fuse box and replaced the F6 fuse for the associated lights and started checking the horn (worked), left blinker (worked) and then tried the right blinker and the fuse blew again.

I checked the electronics on that circuit the horn and left blinker worked and I had checked the horn connections since it's easy to get to. I just didn't have the time to unbolt the right mirror stalk to check that connection/area for damage.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPDATE!!

Integrated smoked tail installed. Ordered from Design Corse. Shipped to US got here super fast. Is about 20% brighter than stock and figment was OEM. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1399132935.673061.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1399132946.105435.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1399132954.705404.jpg

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Your wishlist has everything except the one thing that the F3 really needs...

A steering damper

First thing I ordered when I bought the bike. Just waiting on it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New parts!

Brembo 19RCS Master Cylinder!
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1405922048.026656.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Looking good there mate. Just a quick heads up, on the 3rd picture (right hander) I notice you doing something I used to do, hand coming of the side of the handlebars. If you go down on that hand, it hurts and can cost you fingers or worse as your hand gets caught between the bars and the black stuff. I was lucky but many other are not always.

PS. Better add these, or some of these pics to CAG's Track day thread before he get's angry with us.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea I've been actively trying to correct that. On setup for that turn (decreasing radius RH) I would come off the kink, setup in the seat and setup for the turn and adjust my body in. Over the Course of the day I got better at setting up for that turn but still had that issue due to the speed I was coming in at. It's just a bad habit I need to break. Thankfully when my lever guards get in it will assist pretty well in curbing that. Also with the addition of my new master cylinder I don't keep my hand as far out due to less required pressure for more braking force ( I only use my middle finger instead of index). On the old MC I could get more leverage out there which is unneeded now.

Thanks for noticing something most never would never look at and giving some real world "this is what's going to happen" advice.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some are I'll add a few of the others

1 - 20 of 47 Posts