MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I got the chance to testride a 999S at the local Ducati store( that recently also became an MV dealer).

I did a testride from about an hour. Wanted to see its topseed, but there was to much traffic.

Compaired to my F4-1000R, the 999S :

-steers heavier. The bike needs more input when you really want to lean it over. Can be solved by getting rear higher, I suppose.

-suspension felt softer. Shure this can be adjusted by adjusting the rebound and compression settings.

-because of the riding position, it it more "comfortable".

-seat is lower to the ground. I have short legs and could get my feet flet to the ground. (With my MV, only the tips of my feet reach the ground).

-power output feels very linear. No hesitations, straight to the limiter. Because of that, and the fact that I am used to a high reving 4 cyl, I hitted the limiter the first miles.

-brakes are from the same level as the ones on my MV.

-it is also a very hot bike. When returning to the shop, I was 2 km in heavy traffic and (similar to the MV) I got my nuts roasted.

-bike gives a lot of confidence. I was wearing a jeans and motorcycle jacket and while riding it in my favorite turns, I did a kneedown by accident. :wtf: it's a bit sore now :)

A nice bike! If I wouldn't be in love with my MV, I would conscider buying one.

GreetZ,

PeeT.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I agree too but I felt the 999 would turn in two pieces -front and then back. In contrast, the MV turns as one piece and is more precise than the 999.

As you mention, it could also be the seat height. Both the 999 and MV were lower to the lowest seating but the MV was still higher which is probably why it turned in better. I still like the feel of the 999 brakes over the MVs.

In terms of power deliver, I think my 999 had a slight power surge at 6,000 rpm. Not as dramatic as when 4 cyclinder bike got into their powerband but noticeable.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
I agree too but I felt the 999 would turn in two pieces -front and then back. In contrast, the MV turns as one piece and is more precise than the 999.

As you mention, it could also be the seat height. Both the 999 and MV were lower to the lowest seating but the MV was still higher which is probably why it turned in better. I still like the feel of the 999 brakes over the MVs.

In terms of power deliver, I think my 999 had a slight power surge at 6,000 rpm. Not as dramatic as when 4 cyclinder bike got into their powerband but noticeable.
Don't forget that Peet has the F4R :D

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Peet said:
Today I got the chance to testride a 999S at the local Ducati store( that recently also became an MV dealer).

I did a testride from about an hour. Wanted to see its topseed, but there was to much traffic.

Compaired to my F4-1000R, the 999S :

-steers heavier. The bike needs more input when you really want to lean it over. Can be solved by getting rear higher, I suppose.

-suspension felt softer. Shure this can be adjusted by adjusting the rebound and compression settings.

-because of the riding position, it it more "comfortable".

-seat is lower to the ground. I have short legs and could get my feet flet to the ground. (With my MV, only the tips of my feet reach the ground).

-power output feels very linear. No hesitations, straight to the limiter. Because of that, and the fact that I am used to a high reving 4 cyl, I hitted the limiter the first miles.

-brakes are from the same level as the ones on my MV.

-it is also a very hot bike. When returning to the shop, I was 2 km in heavy traffic and (similar to the MV) I got my nuts roasted.

-bike gives a lot of confidence. I was wearing a jeans and motorcycle jacket and while riding it in my favorite turns, I did a kneedown by accident. :wtf: it's a bit sore now :)

A nice bike! If I wouldn't be in love with my MV, I would conscider buying one.

GreetZ,

PeeT.
just wait for the 1098 to come out next february

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
798 Posts
I would love to own a 999s. I may be one of the few that actually likes the way it looks. And as much as I would love to own a F4, the ergos just don't agree with me. I am hoping the new Ducati makeover due out next year will have a lot of people selling their 999s cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts