MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. It is very difficult to me to change between the RAIN and SPORT mode. The user manual is not clear about it. Anybody can give some hint, please?

2. This is my first bike with swingarm and I do not know the procedure to tight the chain. Again, any advice will be welcome.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I believe you will find the directions for both the chain adjustment and changing data displayed on the instrument panel, in the various guides that were supplied with the bike.

The instructions supplied with the bike include Spanish language and others.

Perhaps the best tool for changing settings for the traction control, or resetting the trip meters is the pocket sized "Quick Guide" that came with the bike. The screwy technique for resetting the dash is tedious and will require written instructions for the first few dozen resets. I do not think the Italian designer could have made it more convoluted. But it takes patience.

As to the chain, the rear of the swing arm carries two clamp bolts, and the rear hub is eccentric. Using the hook spanner (wrench) that is in the tool kit, one loosens the clamp bolts and rotates the rear hub to achieve the proper tension. This is clearly described in the workshop manual packed with your bike.

I would caution you to ensure you fully understand the design, the concept of the adjustment, and have the skill and tooling to correctly perform the task. Death or serious injury can occur. Additionally, failure to properly torque the clamp bolts will result in early failure of the very expensive rear hub.

Please be safe,
Dick

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe you will find the directions for both the chain adjustment and changing data displayed on the instrument panel, in the various guides that were supplied with the bike.

The instructions supplied with the bike include Spanish language and others.

Perhaps the best tool for changing settings for the traction control, or resetting the trip meters is the pocket sized "Quick Guide" that came with the bike. The screwy technique for resetting the dash is tedious and will require written instructions for the first few dozen resets. I do not think the Italian designer could have made it more convoluted. But it takes patience.

As to the chain, the rear of the swing arm carries two clamp bolts, and the rear hub is eccentric. Using the hook spanner (wrench) that is in the tool kit, one loosens the clamp bolts and rotates the rear hub to achieve the proper tension. This is clearly described in the workshop manual packed with your bike.

I would caution you to ensure you fully understand the design, the concept of the adjustment, and have the skill and tooling to correctly perform the task. Death or serious injury can occur. Additionally, failure to properly torque the clamp bolts will result in early failure of the very expensive rear hub.

Please be safe,
Dick
Thanks Dick for the advices...I am still waiting for the manuals because I have bought the bike in another province (state) from mine...That's why I am eager to resolve some question...but now, I know all this questions are explained in the manuals...

Again, thanx.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
manuals

celica;
the service manuals are available here;
http://my.agusta.us/

to correctly adjust the chain you will need a 3/8" drive torque wrench to tighten the hub pinch bolts

to tighten the wheel nut you will need the special 55mm socket, a 1/2" drive torque wrench and a 10" extension

if you buy the alloy socket it won't damage the axle nuts. the socket is available on line or from forum sponsors

most questions have been answered in the 'Maintenance' section of the forum, if you don't see an answer use 'search'

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
celica;
the service manuals are available here;
http://my.agusta.us/

to correctly adjust the chain you will need a 3/8" drive torque wrench to tighten the hub pinch bolts

to tighten the wheel nut you will need the special 55mm socket, a 1/2" drive torque wrench and a 10" extension

if you buy the alloy socket it won't damage the axle nuts. the socket is available on line or from forum sponsors

most questions have been answered in the 'Maintenance' section of the forum, if you don't see an answer use 'search'
Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,
I have finally received the MV welcome package with print and digital manuals...but I can not find the workshop manual you are talking about, it seems the Brute 2010 does not include this manual...just a Maintenance manual but this one has not contains info about how to tight the chain...

Can anybody check if he has received a workshop manual with the 990 or 1090 brute???

Thanks in advanced!

·
Registered
229 Posts
i think all the info is on the memory stick , more info in the US section for some reason .

To change from Sport mode you press the starter button with the engine running .

haven't had to adjust my chain in 3500 miles so wouldn't worry about that yet .

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
It took me a long time to figure out how to change the modes.

with the engine running press the starter button twice. You need to do it pronounced and not too fast. Not a double click like on a computer mouse but two distinct pushes on the starter button maybe 1/4 to 1/2 seconds apart.

Works the same on the 2010 F4.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

with the engine running press the starter button twice. You need to do it pronounced and not too fast. Not a double click like on a computer mouse but two distinct pushes on the starter button maybe 1/4 to 1/2 seconds apart.

OK. Thanks...tomorrow will try it again...

·
Registered
188 Posts
The USB contains a series of PDF files containing instructions and workshop manuals in five languages. For Microsoft Widows users, it contains an autostart file to allow one to chose while files to access from a menu. A modern improvement on a computer disc, in a smaller form factor.

One could say it is intended to save a whole bunch of paper while ensuring the owner is provided with documentation valuable to the new owner.

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh ok that makes sense now, as long as its in pdf that is fine, since i don't use windows.
The USB apps runs for Windows and Mac OS X.... :)

Anyway, it is just a graphical interface to see the PDFs and some pics and videos...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That works!...I have tested this morning...thanx for the hint.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The USB contains a series of PDF files containing instructions and workshop manuals in five languages. For Microsoft Widows users, it contains an autostart file to allow one to chose while files to access from a menu. A modern improvement on a computer disc, in a smaller form factor.

One could say it is intended to save a whole bunch of paper while ensuring the owner is provided with documentation valuable to the new owner.

Best wishes,
Dick
Have you found a Workshop manual in the USB??? If yes, can you put here the name of the workshop manual, please?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts