MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys...

Anybody knows what the hell indicates the Fuel Trip in the new 2010 Brutes????

I think it just shows the mile/kilometres you have run since the yellow gas light appears in the dash...but I don think this has any sense because does not help you to know how much fuel still left.

Any idea???

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's a mystery, part of the colllective intrigue in owning an Italian bike. The really cool part is that once the light comes on, and tells you how far you have travelled. If you shut the bike off, and restart, it resets to zero. Just go get gas right away is what i do.

·
Registered
195 Posts
from my pretty limited riding expierence...

not many bikes have a "fuel coundown" thingo.. as its revs is constantly changing (well should be, unless ur boring and own a HD). so its hard to work out an exact "run distance".

My jappers have the same. once it hits reserve, its odo returns to 0.00 and blinks, indicating that I should get to a servo within..... (30km......?!?!)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the japan bikes the fuel trip works the same...but I have read in a review of the 1090 by its owner in which he said that the Fuel Trip was an estimation of the fuel left on the bike...this thing was annonying for me because mine never shows that kind of information...that's why I posting this question here.

So, what is it the purpose of the Fuel Trip???

I suppose the bikes that have fuel consuption meter integrated in the digital diplay (electronics) can calculate the miles left when runing out of gas. That's explains why our Brutes can not give us this information...

IMHO, I would prefer that MV replace the Fuel Trip for a second gas light...maybe RED?...that indicates that you need gas RIGHT NOW...in 7 or 8 miles...

·
Registered
178 Posts
It's not an "estimation" of how much fuel you have left. it's telling u how far u have travelled from "Bingo". And it resets when u restart. On the highway coming from Yokohama to Tokyo the light lit as soon as I got up on the freeway. I easily travelled about 25-30 miles with the light on and did not run out. I have red elsewhere it's about 25 miles so go with that. Get gas as soon as it lights, but don't panic.

·
Registered
456 Posts
what strange is mine on the 1090 goes on and when i fill up it only takes 3.1 gallons, by the spec sheet i should still have 3 gallons in the tank as its a 6 gallon tank, has anyone went farther and tried to push it to the last gallon?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts